The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someones trying to con me!!

dazla

just got this email from sofai yoman

DEAR FRIEND,

PERMIT ME TO INFORM YOU OF MY DESIRE OF BEING YOUR FRIEND AND ASKING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

I AM MISS SOFIA YOMAN, I AM 19 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER OF LATE MR.JOHN YOMAN .MY FATHER WAS A COCOA AND GOLD MERCHANT BASED HERE IN ABIDJAN THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST . MY FATHER WAS KILLED BY THE REBELS ON HIS WAY BACK FROM BOUAKE ON THE YAOMUSSOKORO ROAD WHERE HE HAS GONE FOR HIS COCOA BUSINESS.

BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER HE HAD INFORMED ME ABOUT THE SUM OF US$5,200,000 (FIVE MILLION TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) LEFT IN A TRUNK BOX DEPOSITED IN A SECURITY COMPANY AND THAT HE DEPOSITED AND REGISTERED THE BOX AS CONTAINING FAMILY VALUABLES.

HE TOLD ME THAT NO STAFF OF THE SECURITY COMPANY KNOW ABOUT THE REAL CONTENT OF THE BOX . HE USED MY NAME AS THE NEXT OF KIN IN DEPOSITING OF THE BOX FOR SAFE KEEPING.

I AM HUMBLY SEEKING YOUR HELP IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS.

1) TO HELP ME BRING OUT THIS BOX FROM THE SECURITY COMPANY AND TAKE IT TO YOUR COUNTRY TO DEPOSIT THE MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS MONEY .

3) TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO FURTHER OUR EDUCATION.

I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 15% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORTS AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR ACCOUNT OVERSEAS.

I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

THANKS

MISS SOFIA YOMAN.

what the hells all that about:D

Really? they seem so genuine...erm, not :rolleyes: hun, ignore!!! Don't even respond :tongue: I had a few like this when I was selling my last car :zzz: they are fictional characters made up by unscupulous people playing on your sympathies to get all kinds of personal details from you, ultimately your bank details.

Lx

I've also just got a email from ebay saying that i have an unpaid item strike, to solve the problem click on the link below.

I haven't even bought anything, and when i went to my ebay i had no msg's.

I'm sick of these bloody piss artists:mad:

my father inlaw unwittingly hit a link with this kind of message, and next thing he knew he was sellinh a £15k merc for 8 grand. They took his ebay identity and changed his password.

The only guarantee is that that tthe chances of this coming from Nigeria is about 105%

i get about 20 of these a day now, all becuase i leave my email address up so i can be easily contacted by people on my forum... bloody things, i'm sick of them :spank:

Reply... they're easy to have a laugh with... do it for the club ;)

No way:) I'll be bombarded with viruses.

I keep reporting them as junk but they keep flooding in:rolleyes:

I've just logged on now and had an email in a different language. with attachments, I just know if i click on it, it will be game over:rolleyes:

Bloody barstuards