The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single project

paul_y3k

Originally a Black TT Aerotop Supra imported 3 years ago, and after a bown turbo I decided to go single turbo.

Car specs are now :

Greddy 3 Row FMIC

Greddy Top Hose with Temp probe fitted

Sound Performance Manifold

Sound Performance T61 Turbo

Blitz 650CC injectors

Trail Wastegate

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve

HKS 2mm 'Stopper type' MHG

ARP Head Bolt Kit

Sound Performance Induction Kit

Fluidyne Dual Core Radiator

Flexalite Electric Fans

Envy Transmission fluid Cooler

Tien Type HA Coilovers

18" Advan Super Alloys

KAD 6pot front callipers

TRD pads

RSR Exhaust

Full decatt

Hosetechniques Hose Set

Profec E-O1 Boost controller

Emanage ECU

Race Logic traction Control

Fields Harness

Full rebuilt engine

Plus lots of toyota belts and bits too

Car Pics :

And the original dyno chart

Now for the bad bits.

The heater matrix failed and gave the ECU's a bath. At this point the car was mis firing and went to Interpro who checked it out. The engine was fine, but the ECU's were contaminated so were all cleaned out, which cured the misfiring. During that time a compression was performed on the engine and it was fine. I drove it home and for a couple of weeks all ok. I then went on holiday, and returned to find that the car was running very rough again. I checked the plugs and they were ok and I suspect that the issue is the ECU's have sweated in the heat and become contaminated again. To this end i have bought some replacment ECU's which need to be fitted, and then I suspect the car will need a mapping session. So at this point all though the engine does start i do not view the car as drivable.

To add that little bit more, I painted the calibers the otehr day, but the car moved on the jack (8am wasn't truly awake) and I now have a small hole in the passenger footwell :(

regards

paul

• 3 weeks later...

bump.

also the electric are most likely to need replacing as it does seem to be running rough. Also have just discovered the cam pullys were not replaced and so likely the same with the cams themselves.

therefore open to any sensible offers.

• 3 weeks later...

When I said not a lot I'm afraid I meant not a lot. It would only be the money I got from selling my NA as all my cash at the moment is going into a wedding and a house deposit.

How long has the car been for sale for?

I wouldn't have thought a car with that spec that looks in such good condition would be a problem to sell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.