The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running lean - Help!

Pig

john seriously, check them, as some of mine actualy melted as they were cheap and nast one,s, one part of mine had melted and i could only just see it, my advice, get all the hoses swapped for decent high temp ones, as thats what mines getting;)

Wasnt one of yours an oil feed pipe?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually run the engine, then pull the plug to pumps to stop them, the engine will cut out, this should then reduce the pressure in the lines so you shouldnt get much fuel coming out. But just have a cloth to handy for when you do take the pipes off.

Dam, just wrote a big reply and lost it.

Branners: car only just came back from a full check over of the work. No work done on the vehicle though.

Clarkey: not sure what pressure was before. What should it be with 2 pumps?

Smarty: Pumps wired into the one plug at the top so only one fuse :( Bare wire showing too.

Have pulled pumps half out, do i need to take the all the way out to check them?

Jake: If i only need one then is the unlikely to be the cause???

Went for 2 cause i built the car ready for a bigger turbo.

Edit: yep, phr stage 3 (2pumps)

Straight after!!! It went in for a check over of all the work (i thought you would have known this?)

They didnt actually "do" any work on the vehicle. Am a bit stumped though. Going to put it all back together, try it. If its still fooked just give up on the idea of taking it to JAE.\s

What are your af/r's up to 5k?

as Jake said, dropping a pump wouldn't really affect your fuel pressure...... one can cope easily at your level, and it wouldn't happen only at 5k

if they're o.k

then it could be a duff vac hose conection loosing pressure to the fpr at those revs, OR it could be a glitch in your map....can you check the map? be very carefull

Clarkey: not sure what pressure was before. What should it be with 2 pumps?

If you have the stock FPR, the pressure should be 36 or 40psi. Fuel pressure to the fuel rail is controlled by the FPR - regardless of how many pumps you have. You'd need a fuel pressue gauge to check the pressure.

I'm not saying that a leaky fuel hose causing a drop in fuel pressure - would be the definate cause of those nasty AFRs. But "I think" it maybe a possible cause.

P.S - That bare wire you mentioned doesn't sound great!!

Straight after!!! It went in for a check over of all the work (i thought you would have known this?)

They didnt actually "do" any work on the vehicle. Am a bit stumped though. Going to put it all back together, try it. If its still fooked just give up on the idea of taking it to JAE.\s

I knew of the work but didnt want to discuss the details unless you were happy to.

Knowing the tuning company that did the work I would be surprised if they knocked something but it was a very thorough list of checks and theres a chance something got nudged.

If they were in the footwell looking at the wiring then its also possible that something came loose. These cars get spaghetti in the footwells after a lot of work and its easy for something to play up and give the strangest results.

If it was me I would get it taken back to the tuning company to check it over free of charge. If it was running okay before it went in and now it isnt then it points towards something they did during their checks.

JB

I knew of the work but didnt want to discuss the details unless you were happy to.

Knowing the tuning company that did the work I would be surprised if they knocked something but it was a very thorough list of checks and theres a chance something got nudged.

If they were in the footwell looking at the wiring then its also possible that something came loose. These cars get spaghetti in the footwells after a lot of work and its easy for something to play up and give the strangest results.

If it was me I would get it taken back to the tuning company to check it over free of charge. If it was running okay before it went in and now it isnt then it points towards something they did during their checks.

JB

Sorry mate, ofcourse. Thanks for trying to be subtle, im not in a great mood about this car at the moment.

Off to check a couple more bits (ECU, Fue box etc etc)

The only reason im attempting to do this myself is that i want the car back for JAE and this is the only way.