The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running lean - Help!

Pig

Picked the car up yesterday from a checkover (all will be revealed very soon)

Now, when i boost up, at about 5K it goes completly lean (right round on the AFR gauge)

Still only peak boosting @ 1.3 bar

If it helps at all, when we started the car, it idled at abour 4K for some reason. It didnt drop so after 30 secs we turned the car off. It was fine as soon as we started it again.

Spec - T61 - stage 3 fuel system - AEM

Any ideas?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who mapped it? :eyebrows:

I would suggest a vacuum leak around the FPR so check all the hoses around there.

Cheers,

Brian.

Mapped by Dan, was fine until now though ???

Will check all hoses this morning and see if that helps :(

Do NOT drive that car on boost! I'm suprised its survived at 5000rpm/1.3bar at more than 12afr let alone off the scale.

I drove at WOT 2 or 3 times before realising what the prob was. #noticed it wasnt running right, boosted up to check boost pressure (it was fine) then check fuel.

I dread to think what the pistons look like now :(

There's your problem then!!! :search:

It was running fine though, how can it just change over night?

if people have had problems with this guy surely you shouldnt of got it mapped by him? id say take it back and kindly ask him to sort the problem

Its not that easy, firstly the car needs SHED loads of work to be put right and secondly no one is open on a sunday and i work all week. Therefore no time to get anything sorted.

mate i know how you feel my is running like bag of bollocks right now, i am having all the turbo pipes re done, and a remap, plus other bits and piece,s, i feel for you as its just such a pain not being right, after what we have spent it should be spot on, if its not right this time, i am going to be pissed:(

mate i know how you feel my is running like bag of bollocks right now, i am having all the turbo pipes re done, and a remap, plus other bits and piece,s, i feel for you as its just such a pain not being right, after what we have spent it should be spot on, if its not right this time, i am going to be pissed:(

Jeez Gaz - did you shake hands with Sheefa? :(

John - dont drive the car mate!

John - dont drive the car mate!

The annoying thing is i only bought the car back so i could take it to JAE and now..... you right i shouldnt drive the car.

We both no what im like so if it aint right, im not taking it.

Drangon ball at 3k

JAE in a smart car.

:cry:

Turbofit

john seriously, check them, as some of mine actualy melted as they were cheap and nast one,s, one part of mine had melted and i could only just see it, my advice, get all the hoses swapped for decent high temp ones, as thats what mines getting;)