The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DLI help please

rpslaughter1982

i'll just give a little more info:

I first fitted the the DLI as per the HKS instructions which indicated to tap the power wire into the black orange wire on the 4 block connector of the ignitor. The car started fine like this but as soon as you touched the throttle the engine tried to cut out. I then wired the power wire to the black orange wire after the noise reducer as per - http://www.97supraturbo.com/Tech.html - after doing this the car idled at 3k rpm.

I would be really grateful if someone with a jap spec non vvti running a HKS dli could tell me how theirs is wired up. I need to know if my dli is faulty or if my wiring is faulty or whether it is another problem, many thanks

How many wires are you connecting up?

I fitted mine a long time ago and I recall six ignition wires and a fused power feed, it was a while ago though.

I am also using an AEM ECU and it should not affect your idle at all, its kind of an invisible mod, as in you shouldnt notice any difference apart from no ignition break up above .8bar :)

How many wires are you connecting up?

I fitted mine a long time ago and I recall six ignition wires and a fused power feed, it was a while ago though.

I am also using an AEM ECU and it should not affect your idle at all, its kind of an invisible mod, as in you shouldnt notice any difference apart from no ignition break up above .8bar :)

the unit comes with a total of 8 leads. 1 power (no visible fuse) 1 earth and 6 yellow ignition leads. the 6 yellow leads are connected to the ignitor as per the manual, the earth to an earthing point and the power lead is hooked up as described earlier. I have no clue why it has efected my idle so greatly

Did you disconnect the battery during the install?

The AEM ECU sometimes needs one power cycle to reset the idle control valve, therefore the second time you start the car it should idle ok, have you tried this?

Did you disconnect the battery during the install?

The AEM ECU sometimes needs one power cycle to reset the idle control valve, therefore the second time you start the car it should idle ok, have you tried this?

no i haven't, i wish i could try now but it's too late, upset the neighbours with the straight through exhaust ;)

I'll have a go tomorrow and post up the result

thanks for the idea!!

Sounds to me like you fited it ok.

I agree with Wez - do the reset as it sounds like the idle valve is open way too far.

Stupid question - have you looked for air leaks into the plenum/runners and is your throttle butterfly closing fully?

Sounds to me like you fited it ok.

I agree with Wez - do the reset as it sounds like the idle valve is open way too far.

Stupid question - have you looked for air leaks into the plenum/runners and is your throttle butterfly closing fully?

I did check all the hoses going into the plenum but I haven't checked the throttle yet. As soon as I finish work I'll have a look :)