The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Cloverfield" - new JJ Abrams movie - anyone else excited?

Seb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two bits which I don't want to give away here but which I didn't notice until I read about them on the net when I got home. First is in the video shot at Coney Island, the second is right at the end, after all the credits.

my mate even said to stay till the end of the credits but no one else did so we left. What happened?

There are two bits which I don't want to give away here but which I didn't notice until I read about them on the net when I got home. First is in the video shot at Coney Island, the second is right at the end, after all the credits.

What are these two bits you speak of then?

Saw it last night, I too missed anything after the end credits. Thought it was good, but was disappointed with the ending (just like with the last film I watched too, I am Legend).

SPOILER ALERT!

Its god zilla, with blair witch (1st one) style of filming nothing new, just better visuals thats all. (Crossed with Aliens, style of spidering things).

Lame tacky jokes throughout and blatent shameless plugs to Nokia and other £££ contributors.

Its a £££ making film thats all.....worth a watch if your bored....(i was lol, oh and its rainning!).

IMO of course lol, everyone 2 there own.

He couldn't get a signal and his battery ran out - not exactly great product placement for Nokia. The camera used throughout (onscreen at least) was a Panasonic, but I didn't even notice that, just read it afterwards. And the main drink featured in the movie - Slusho - is made up. Can't say I really noticed any product placement... but maybe I'm an advertisers dream and I picked up on it all subconciously. It wasn't exactly in the same league as Transformers on that front though was it!

*oh I think they broke into a Dr Pepper machine at one point - but didn't drink any

:looney:

**************Major Spoiler Alert****************

Its not godzilla its a creature thats been dorment for 1000's of years.

Basically at the end of the movie you see something falling into the water. Noone really got what it was but in an interview it was said that it was a satellite falling to earth. When this satellite hit under the water it released the monster along with some other fish. There was mention of a fish that had been thought to be extinct for 1000's of years being found. Same goes with the big guy. I don't know how much truth is in this but it was also said that the satellite that fell was owned by the japanese company that Rob was just about to leave to work for lol. Someone also said that the company was actually digging for new minerals or something when the monster was released and that the satellite falling was just a coincidence.

In another interview it was said that the monster was actually quite young and that the reason it was going nuts was because it was taking a temper tantrum coz it couldn't find its parents.

I enjoyed the movie but i really think that lost guy should find another profession. He thinks he is being clever when he comes up with all this cryptic stuff but he hasn't got a clue how to do it properly. Same thing happened with lost, i mean how many times has he changed his mind in that show lol.

Scott =op

**************Major Spoiler Alert****************

Its not godzilla its a creature thats been dorment for 1000's of years.

Basically at the end of the movie you see something falling into the water. Noone really got what it was but in an interview it was said that it was a satellite falling to earth. When this satellite hit under the water it released the monster along with some other fish. There was mention of a fish that had been thought to be extinct for 1000's of years being found. Same goes with the big guy. I don't know how much truth is in this but it was also said that the satellite that fell was owned by the japanese company that Rob was just about to leave to work for lol. Someone also said that the company was actually digging for new minerals or something when the monster was released and that the satellite falling was just a coincidence.

Scott =op

i didnt see this bit,.?

is it after the credits at the end of the film as i was glued to me seat !!