The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop roof

Andy C

Hi,

My aerotop roof is stuck!

1) Does anyone have a part number for the centre roof deadbolt assembly as the allen key bit has stripped it's thread and I can't get my roof on/off?

2) How easy is it to remove the Aerotop roof headlining (and put it back again...)? Looking at my parts diagram, I'm not sure if the weatherstrips and roof mouldings need to be replaced as they are non-reusable parts (according to my diagram!)

3) If I need the weatherstrip & mouldings does anyone have the part numbers for these as well?

Cheers muchly.

Andy C

Guest gzaerojon

i have a reciept for a whole roof assy in my box of reciepts, i'm sure it lists everything needed for the construction of the roof

2 secs i'll go dig it out :)

Guest gzaerojon

bugger, too slow lol

the roof costs £810 though, thought i'd just say that :p

Edit, i mean no offence, but that's the only info i can provide in the thread :innocent:

Guest gzaerojon
My center bolt is pretty badly stripped too but for that reason Ive never done it up just in case...

However my roof is also stuck on at the moment as the end of the Allan key broke off in one of the bolt holes so you have my sympathy.

Let us know how it goes.

which bolt hole has it broken off in? the reason i ask is that if it's the rear ones the bracket holding the roof bolt is secured to the roof by 2 12mm bolts, if you can get under the roof lining enough to get at them with a spanner, then you can remove the roof leaving the bracket in place, then you should be able to spin the bracket round in the hope that the bolt starts to turn :)

which bolt hole has it broken off in? the reason i ask is that if it's the rear ones the bracket holding the roof bolt is secured to the roof by 2 12mm bolts, if you can get under the roof lining enough to get at them with a spanner, then you can remove the roof leaving the bracket in place, then you should be able to spin the bracket round in the hope that the bolt starts to turn :)

nah, unfortunatelly not... It's the front passenger side one :(

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I ordered the centre lock assembly which was £56 from Toyota but according to the diagram the side trims are "use once parts" which means that they should be replaced when removed. I need four of them (2 per side, weatherstrip & trim) and they are a massive £72 each! Ouch! I was planning on dismantling the roof and then seeing if they "need" to be replaced. Anyone else done this?

Cheers