The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red jspec TT auto

pistonbroke

I've decided to don my sensible head today and make a big decision. My wife is expecting our first child in 6 months and I think we'll need a bigger house. The supra takes all my spare cash I have at the moment so I've decided to sell up to free up some much needed cash

to say I'm gutted is an understatement, I'm holding back the tears while typing this.

The car is is absolutly pristine condition. I've owned her for the last 18 months and have spared no expense.

The car has covered 72000 miles, I'm the second owner in this country, the last owner brought the car in himself as a personal import. The car was MOT'd today and passed with flying colours. The guy even said, "its so clean underneath, it'd be a joy to get run over by it".

I have documentation from japan relating to the car, including the service book, if you can undertsand japanese ;).

I've just fitted a set of UK glass headlamps to it last week, (not shown in pics) and had a new engine mount fitted along with a full service. I also have stacks of reciepts for mainteneace since the cars been in the uk.

The car has blended side skirts and rear spats, along with a TRD rear spoiler. 18" antera rims, (mint)

It has a Kenwood mp3/cd player with a 10inch sub in the boot. I fitted infinity 3 ways in the rear pods last month. It has white indiglo dials (that change colour) and custom silver dash.

Sorry to see you're selling up Dan, you never know in the future you might be able to get back into the fold.

Those flats behind your car look familiar, are they "job"? ;)

Good luck with the sale, whoever buys this will be getting a very tidy well looked after car.

Cheers fellas. You'll still be seeing me about, no doubt about it. Like any true petrol head, I'll have another expensive jap car soon enough though.

I'll still be making the movies for you at all the meets, only the camera vehicle will be considerably faster next time round ;)

Typical, I put the car up for sale, and two days later, a knocking noise develops from the O/S rear. You may think this is odd me putting this up on the for sale thread as it'll put off potential buyers, however, I'm being open and honest and letting people know that it'll be sorted ASAP. It'd look worse if people came round to look at it and heard the noise, they may think I'm trying to hide something. Believe me I'm not. If you still want to come see the car, I'd be more than happy to show anyone around it, I'm just being as open and honest as I can. Whatever the fault is, as has always been the case, it'll be repaired irrespective of cost.

Just to let you know ;)

Ok, car is sorted, jacked it up today on the offending side to have a nosey around to see if I could spot anything causing the knock. It seems that when ther car was MOT'd, they jacked up the rear to check everything and the suspension spring has possibly moved whilst the strut was extended, as I jacked it up today, I heard it ping. I still had a good route round underneath but couldn't find anything wrong, there is zero play in everything. I torqued up the subframe whilst there just to be sure, but they didn't tighten at all, they were all at the set level. I took the car for a drive afterwards and the knock has gone.

Panick over, car is back to A1 ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.