The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Q on SUS321 Header; is it divided?

Mike B

I'm just ordering up a gasket...

can anyone tell me if the SUS321 Tig Welded Tubular Header is divided?..

I have some research that potentially shows one on this pic, and so assume it is, but can anyone tell me for sure before I order the gasket?

untitled.jpg

I don't think anyone could answer that Mike because you haven't said who you're getting it from. Saying what it's made from and how it's welded doesn't really help in that respect.

The one in the photo is clearly a div tang though. But, if the turbo you are using isn't a divided housing it won't make any odds.

is that a pic of your full kit ?? if it is then its devided mike. when You can use the exsisting gasket as they are usually metal .

When is the turbo here ??

It's here now matey, has been for 10 days sat behind my chair at work, gathering dust! This kit in the pic is just an example of an sus manifold I found on 'tinternet, which I thought would be a standard product code.... :donkey:

Thanks Alex, it will be BL for sure, so sounds like it will be divided, so I will get the gasket ordered up.

What are you up to Mike?

Lots of stuff really...

- putting a cooling mist kit on (progressive) - know where I can buy fixings?

- fitting a GT4088R ar/.95; I have a 35R on at the mo and fancied a change. Plus the gasket on the 35 is shot (maybe) but the turbo is actually slightly loose on the manifold... hence spool is not so good anymore!

- also an apexi EGT meter

- heatwrap downpipe

just trying to cool the whole thing right down.. my ign map is pretty aggressive and the FBW throttle and knock amps play up on track days sometimes.

plus;

- sorting out the brakes, which thanks to Chris W I recon i have them right at long last.. although still a teeny warp on pass side

- new spring on a JIC shock.. found the bottom 2" hanging off front pasenger today :(

- repositioning the oil cooler to somewhere colder.

- repositioning the front ducts to the hot side of the engine bay; they are currently pointed at the brakes.

maybe by the time I have finished It may have stopped raining!?