The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abolish plans to build a £100 million mega Mosque

Guest Geneb

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it best to appeal to the lowest common denominator(mentally speaking) in situations like these;)

which means that you were forced to raise your standards dramatically :D

well done boyo; see we are here to help :D

I've said it before:

I love it when people start losing an argument, they always resort to picking on the grammar and pronunciation (or in the case of a forum; spelling and graphology) of their opponent.

Surely it's an immature reaction to attack the simplest of weaknesses, instead of conceiving a witty retort?

When people argue and one gets their words mixed up or something you can guarantee the other person will laugh at them rather than excusing it and carrying on with the discussion - I like to make a point of telling them it's only people who are losing an argument that pick up on symantics and grammar! :D

:D

Can't believe I didn't see this thread, Tourniquet's pulling a Bourner!! Oh the [bad] memories.

I thought it was a discussion and not an argument.

And its not about winning or losing now is it.

Quite simple.

You start a thread, you discuss the topic and stick to it. When you start digressing from the subject its time to bring it back in line ;)

tourniquent, pot, and S3 seem to be taking the thread into another direction while they should be starting a new thread with a different subject.

Wasn't hard was it :D

So is it up to admin to decide how far off topic a thread should go before it can be called 'off topic' and a new thread is deserved?

Clearly you (Imi) think that discussing religion and who's 'British/English' is too far from discussing the cash flow situation of a mosque, yet others in here belive it's related enough and relevant to their side of the argument that it should stay.

Clearly you (Imi) think that discussing religion and who's 'British/English' is too far from discussing the cash flow situation of a mosque, yet others in here belive it's related enough and relevant to their side of the argument that it should stay.

Yes I do think its irrelevant to THIS THREAD; and no its not just up to the admins; obviously they have the power to FORCE a change in direction. I would have thought that mature adults on here could handle most of these situations themselves.

Perhaps I was wrong :)

Anyway, this thread has reached its natural end as far as the topic of the thread is concerned. Glad to see that it started off with a completely mis-informed opinion (as so happens frequently) and then was promptly corrected by an informed member.

well done. :thumbs: to Mr Soop Dogg for pointing out the relevant information on post 17.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1470578&postcount=17

Mature adults usually can, but as I said they believe it's relevant to their side of the argument, so you requesting a return 'on topic' is similar to asking them to take their argument to another thread and so leave you in the winning line!! That's not likely to happen no matter how 'mature' the people are.

And BTW I'm trying to stay impartial here, just making a point on what I've read - not taking sides (yet ;) ).

Mature adults usually can, but as I said they believe it's relevant to their side of the argument, so you requesting a return 'on topic' is similar to asking them to take their argument to another thread and so leave you in the winning line!! That's not likely to happen no matter how 'mature' the people are.

And BTW I'm trying to stay impartial here, just making a point on what I've read - not taking sides (yet ;) ).

I'm waiting for someone to be called ignorant, that's normally how these things go. Nice observation on the spelling issue, noticed this before also ;)

Good thread this, in 'real life' the race card would have been played by now or the discussion wouldn't have started.

well done. :thumbs: to Mr Soop Dogg for pointing out the relevant information on post 17.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1470578&postcount=17

And can I also say, when I first saw this petition I thought whoever wrote it was a pleb! It's worded really quite badly, and starting a petition for all to see from what must have been a rumour he'd heard somewhere isn't the best idea either!!

I still signed it though. :D

starting a petition for all to see from what must have been a rumour he'd heard somewhere isn't the best idea either!!

I still signed it though. :D

Oh well....nothing more to say to that. :rolleyes:

I shall keep this in mind for the next discussion or as you like to call argument that we have.

Jesus, sorry guys.

I must of posted up something really bad yesterday for Mr Class One to bring the stick down on me :(

What I meant was there is no way a mosque would be built in my local area as a) there isn't an Muslim population as such here and b) the locals simply wouldn't have it!

Two of my best mates are Asian, but non-practicing Muslims and I'm certainly not a racist. Apologies for my comment yesterday although I really can't remember what I said.

Greg