The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abolish plans to build a £100 million mega Mosque

Guest Geneb

They and you may be British but you arent English - that's the point. You're talkin bout British - I'm talking bout English which is what Imi asked

As I said, I can go to America or Oz, become an American or Austrailian citizen, live their way, abide their laws (not do anything to make them change to my ways) but I wouldn't become American/Austrailian - I'd still be English - and proud.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well 4 me I'd sum it up as this:

Being born in England from English parents,

I was born in England - Does that Make me English or Just British?

You say English parents......if my folks were born in England would that make them English?

Sunday roasts, swearing at the TV when the football's not going right. Being upset over Diana, being defensive about people wanting to change our beliefs and traditions for their own, hating the government for ballsing up my country, holidaying in Spain lol, being known for having a stiff upper lip, celebrating St Georges day, happily joining in others (Paddy's day etc), fighting for the rights our ancestors died earning........... just a quick sum up there for ya.

:D comedy value 10/10

TUT TUT - did Stiffmeister step out of line.... :(

Yeah that's what we should be - none of that oppress your women stuff, don't do this don't do that even though it's sociable and fun - you should enjoy the life you only get have one go at and not be governed by a bunch of bullshit religious laws (of any faith) and make something of yourself.

It doesn't matter which way you paint it we've become a racist nation but IMO I think it's fair to understand why and I'm surprised it's still as calm as it is.

I've got friends of all colours and faith including the Bunglawala's in Ilford who are part of the Muslim council of Britain but I can't help but feel so angry at the way the country's heading and why

What do I do now? From the above it seems I'm not English (or British) despite what my passport says.

Am I supposed to go now?

Where to?

My Grandfather was born in Ireland, I've never been there but maybe I have to now?

That's ruined my weekend.

I'd love nothing more than something like that done for us over a Mosque or something but it won't happen matey, we come last after everyone else in our country

Why is that so?

I'm all for a multicultural society...but why are we giving in??

If I decided to live in India for example, I would expect to embrace their culture and I would do so favourably.

If I go to Iraq or Afghanistan I cant drink for 4 months due to their laws...far enough

But WTF is going on?

There are many muslims who dont agree with the hardcore element and thats brilliant.

But religion is the root of all evil!!

Bingo that's what I think I just get wound up and angry and have a rant and end up losing the point of the conversation.

I've said many times if I moved somewhere else it would be to a country I want to adapt to and experience their way of life etc. I wouldn't expect them to bow down to my demands and lose sight of themselves etc. I also agree with your point bout many muslims not believing in the hardcore element but too many people haev taken the piss in this country for too long and most people now feel enough is more than enough.

Good reply that man

Why is that so?

I'm all for a multicultural society...but why are we giving in??

If I decided to live in India for example, I would expect to embrace their culture and I would do so favourably.

If I go to Iraq or Afghanistan I cant drink for 4 months due to their laws...far enough

But WTF is going on?

There are many muslims who dont agree with the hardcore element and thats brilliant.

But religion is the root of all evil!!

Bingo that's what I think I just get wound up and angry and have a rant and end up losing the point of the conversation.

I've said many times if I moved somewhere else it would be to a country I want to adapt to and experience their way of life etc. I wouldn't expect them to bow down to my demands and lose sight of themselves etc. I also agree with your point bout many muslims not believing in the hardcore element but too many people haev taken the piss in this country for too long and most people now feel enough is more than enough.

What exactly are you on about? I still don't see your point.

Private funds - Private building as a public place of worship for Muslims but open to all....what's the problem? What am I missing?

Unfortunatley...in 10 years time, they'll be a civil war in this country!!

Why cant we all go for a pint (or equivalent) and just get on?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

Having said that i'm not from Iraq or Afghanistan...How would I feel if my country was invaded by another?

What exactly are you on about? I still don't see your point.

Private funds - Private building as a public place of worship for Muslims but open to all....what's the problem? What am I missing?

Who other than muslims would use it??

Why would you go...Its a place for Muslim prayer not a tourist attraction!!

There are alot of rules...no women, shoes, etc.

Its hardly going to be the new Alton Towers!!

Who other than muslims would use it??

Why would you go...Its a place for Muslim prayer not a tourist attraction!!

There are alot of rules...no women, shoes, etc.

Its hardly going to be the new Alton Towers!!

No Shoes....YES - Its a place of worship, its a clean place; carpetted (most likely)

No Women - Well, since it hasnt been built, you dont know that for sure. (have you been to regents park mosque as an example).

Sure you are welcome to go and see the place, sit there and observe and read the books and speak to the people.

If you are expecting it to be the next alton towers, then I think you need to get your head examined :p

I STILL DON'T SEE WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT.

imi

No Shoes....YES - Its a place of worship, its a clean place; carpetted (most likely)

No Women - Well, since it hasnt been built, you dont know that for sure. (have you been to regents park mosque as an example).

Sure you are welcome to go and see the place, sit there and observe and read the books and speak to the people.

If you are expecting it to be the next alton towers, then I think you need to get your head examined :p

I STILL DON'T SEE WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT.

imi

If I was to build the biggest Catholic church in Pakistan for example,...it would be bigger than any Mosque.

How would that go down??

If I was to build the biggest Catholic church in Pakistan for example,...it would be bigger than any Mosque.

How would that go down??

I think you are missing the point. We aren't talking about Pakistan or Saudi, we are talking about the UK where you have churches, synagogues, Hindu temples, Gurdwaras and mosques already....etc

Private building, private money - What is the problem buddy?

In actual fact, i'll look to contribute to the building of this mosque...sod my single turbo conversion :)

How would that go down??

You would be killed outright. thats the difference its ok to push it over here..But do it over there..fuck off no chance..Its all a one sided race thing.

You would be killed outright. thats the difference its ok to push it over here..But do it over there..fuck off no chance..Its all a one sided race thing.

so how often do you go to church? i'm just wondering.... :eyebrows: secondly, there isn't a large Christian community in pakistan, so would you say that would warrant the need for a "massive" church? :) either way, if its a private venture with private money - what's the problem?

PS... have you ever read your council tax bill in detail? part of the money EVERYONE pays goes towards parish's/churches - and not mosques, synagogues or temples ;) :blink:

irrelevant.

Not irrelevant at all-(for alot of people at least-myself included).

I truly believe IF you choose to live in a country thats not your own,you should accept their laws,accepted behaviour,and respect their religious beliefs-NOT try and import your views,beliefs and more importantly religion.

I truly believe IF you choose to live in a country thats not your own,you should accept their laws,accepted behaviour,and respect their religious beliefs-NOT try and import your views,beliefs and more importantly religion.

I'm born here, does that mean because i follow another religion its not my country? as for accepted behaviour - mate, have you set foot in some run down areas of this country? :rolleyes: - i often see people going on about how "immigrants" and "non british" people should follow the "culture" of this country - from what I've seen PERSONALLY, that means working my ass off all week, just to get drunk on the weekend, only to do the same crap over and over again.... that's the "purpose" of life for some - but not for others.... from my observations - the guys who seem to have a "chip" on their shoulder don't really understand what "being British" is all about.... if anything, i think you should be the people who need to try and integrate in the diverse WORLD we now live in! :rolleyes:

the Spanish love british expats ;)