The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Salman Rushdie Knighthood

michael

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so i have just reread the thread again to make sure that i have got the grip on it and wont go off topic. Would the following sum this thread up?

SR to get Knighthood.

Certain circles threaten to throw toys out of the pram due to the above.

Most views of our membership wonder why he is being given it. James points towards his other works.

The Dentist asks Paul Mac if he would be happy having his family in print.

I suggest that NA drivers cant comment on speed.

Imi comes up with a conspiracy theory.

Its pointed out that "Davinci" and "The Passion" drew alot of anger from the religious but it didnt end in anyone being burned/shot/hung or blown up.

There is a discussion of pie and to whom the owner is.

Imi goes off on one which draws alot of "spirited" replies.

Thread is then discussed as to direction.

Does that about cover it?

Most views of our membership wonder why he is being given it. James points towards his other works.

On that basis....I wonder....would Hitler qualify then?

Flippin Hypocrites :(

I thought that accolade usually went to imi?

I must have done an amazing job at this a while ago as I have refrained from starting a political thread for a LONG TIME and I still come out P1.

Imi goes off on one which draws alot of "spirited" replies.

Perhaps I also need to refrain from posting in threads that bash Islam & Muslims (plus also other religions) in general for no apparent reason other than misinformed perceptions and pure ignorance.

Thats normal for imi ;)

thats ok buddy....no reaction from me other than.

oooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Olivier-Follmi/Mukesh-in-a-Yoga-Position-Print-C11790334.jpeg

I shall let you guys carry on with your drivel :)

I shall let you guys carry on with your drivel :)

Amazing how people like you (no ref to race;) ) always resorts to insulting others and calling them ignorant when they have different views.

Better to have the freedom of a different view than being brainwashed from childhood with religion imo :)

Amazing how people like you (no ref to race;) ) always resorts to insulting others and calling them ignorant when they have different views.

Better to have the freedom of a different view than being brainwashed from childhood with religion imo :)

I agree with this in my experience.

However, I do think alot of religion is about morals/ethics(i am not religious in the slightest btw). Often when religion is taught? in childhood it does instil alot of good morals/ethics imo. If all religions could then incorporate a 'live & let live' type ethic instead of often(not all) 'all other ppl that dont follow our faith are stupid/ignorant etc' then I think this could resolve alot of friction between different faiths / communities.

Back on topic...Should Rushdie get a knighthood? Cant think of a reason imo why he should. Even if he has written a couple of good books, has this made life better for anyone? No imo.

Rant over lol

However, I do think alot of religion is about morals/ethics(i am not religious in the slightest btw). Often when religion is taught? in childhood it does instil alot of good morals/ethics imo. If all religions could then incorporate a 'live & let live' type ethic instead of often(not all) 'all other ppl that dont follow our faith are stupid/ignorant etc' then I think this could resolve alot of friction between different faiths / communities.

I agree, as you say good morals and ethics are part of it in earlier life but it then gets twisted later as they become teenagers. In a weird way a sort of gang mentality, with them and 'outsiders'. Seems to be insecurity involved and a sense of wanting to belong?

For every reaction expect and equal and opposite reaction. ;)

Imi, you're so weird sometimes.... :rolleyes:

Made me spit my tea out, and it was english breakfast!! :D

Interesting choice of tea, are we to derive something from that?

:):p

Since there are a lot of awards going around I would like to do one of my own to Tony Blair and John Prescott

For services to the UK I hereby present you with a golden turd

thanks for your efforts, bye

-now Fu*k off

Rich

PS Imi still has the best Myspace (IMHO!):p

• 3 weeks later...