The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Salman Rushdie Knighthood

michael

Perhaps the knighthood was given to him on purpose....to revive & replenish this anti-Islam feeling around the country & the world, similar to what's evident from some of the posts on here.

You seems to miss one important point - it is actually muslims, who stirs up all the flames. Realisticly - why the f**k should they care about some stupid knighthood in some stupid country at the other end of the world eh?

I always thought Iranians are too busy to print another primary school book about Israelian ghouls, but hey...

Funniest thing is that british muslims seems to not be really interested in this lol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the knighthood was given to him on purpose....to revive & replenish this anti-Islam feeling around the country & the world, similar to what's evident from some of the posts on here.

Chip ?? Shoulder ?? :D;)

I watched this today. Certainly makes interesting viewing.

Watch it all it's about 5mins long. A very structured and intellectual argument.

click

Only thing I agree upon is that she is free to believe whatever it is that she wants to believe. That is the Islamic way. Also some of the bits about the Saudis - good points that I agree with (its the bit that wasnt translated :D )

The rest was just pile of poo to be honest; full of inaccuracies of the highest order.

She is right about the muslims not doing themselves any favours by acts of violence, but although the Jews have raised themselves from being the persecuted to where they are today without violence, many muslims would argue (to the death) about whether or not they are now the persecutors. But that's another thing entirely

She is right about the muslims not doing themselves any favours by acts of violence,

that should read SOME MUSLIMS, like SOME JEWS, Christians or whatever

but although the Jews have raised themselves from being the persecuted to where they are today without violence,

I find that statement of hers to be quite laughable. Amazing how she can get away with such a sweeping statement.

many Muslims would argue (to the death) about whether or not they are now the persecutors. But that's another thing entirely

like many OTHERS.....its not as if Muslims have some sort of a vendetta against Jewish people...... LOL - amazing what people would love to believe.

Originally Posted by hogmaw

She is right about the muslims not doing themselves any favours by acts of violence,

Then by imi

that should read SOME MUSLIMS, like SOME JEWS, Christians or whatever

Cant remember the last time a jew, christian or a whatever killed a load of innocents in the name of religion. Muslims on the other hand are another subject

Is it me or wasn't this thread to discuss whether SR merited a knighthood. Once again it seems to be brought down to the level of arguements over religious intolerence by the same parties on both sides. These arguements are trotted out in every thread where there is the slightest hint of religion, mainly talking about muslims. Jeez give it a break

Is it me or wasn't this thread to discuss whether SR merited a knighthood. Once again it seems to be brought down to the level of arguements over religious intolerence by the same parties on both sides. These arguements are trotted out in every thread where there is the slightest hint of religion, mainly talking about muslims. Jeez give it a break

Yep, seems ok to slag people's religion off on here, but have a pop at a NA or TT owner, BANG, instant thread lock.

well pointed out! :)

Great post!!

I looked at this thread last night and although I typed out a reply to another member, I binned it as I thought "What is the fooking point of discussing this sh!t any further!!:rolleyes:

Maybe a good idea to close the thread too!!

H.

FAO the above - the thread was created to discuss the *reaction* to the knighthood of this particular character. The strongest reaction (as always it seems) has come from Muslims so the subject of religion is bound to come up.

So in response to Max Headroom, yes it's you.

I see a fairly reasoned thread here, sadly we don't have any extremists to put that side of things across though so I guess it could be a little biased, don't ask for a lock, just don't visit the thread if you can't cope.

FAO the above - the thread was created to discuss the *reaction* to the knighthood of this particular character. The strongest reaction (as always it seems) has come from Muslims so the subject of religion is bound to come up.

I see a fairly reasoned thread here, sadly we don't have any extremists to put that side of things across though so I guess it could be a little biased, don't ask for a lock, just don't visit the thread if you can't cope.

funny you should say that - seems you're normally the first to initiate threads which get a "reaction" - usually a bad one :p

I wasn't asking for a lock, just asking wether we can get back on track discussing whether SR deserves to get a knighthood. I can cope with it, it just gets a little much when it turns out to be a "he's a witch!! burn the witch" type of thread. I have already put my view across about SR and his knighthood and it had nothing to do with religion more the fellow himself.