The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car seized help needed

supradibbs

Diamond don't wait for payment, alot of companies are going this way as well. We are still being chased by a particularly useless debt collection agency for the premium we failed to pay having not recieved the renewal notice for a policy with diamond.

do u think i may loose my license

Many moons ago I was pulled over twice in the same week and was given two producers. I asked my insurance company for a cover note, who told me I had not payed the renewal. I was sure I posted the cheque but did'nt check if they had received it. I went to court and explained but was still given a six month ban and a fine. I'm afraid that they don't seem to consider any excuses, probably because there are so many out there knowingly driving without any insurance. Hope it goes better for yourself though.

do u think i may loose my license

You are a law abiding citizen (well almost) so probably yes. Its a joke how many polish cars for instance drive on our roads that (OK I am being cynical here) aren't strictly legal yet you make an admin mistake and whallop off goes your license.

Rather than sell it, export it to poland, put polish plates on it and play stupid (shouldnt be too hard for ya he he) if you get pulled by rozzers. If you cant beat them join them.

Hi Wayne,

I work for Zurich Insurance mate and sadly I have to say you don't really have a leg to stand on. The best bet is to mitigate the punishment as much as possible. The likely outcome will be a points penalty and standard fine, but bring whatever documentation you have been provided with by insurers over the years of your driving with you.

Do you have considerable driving experience? How many years have you had of continuous car use (insured of course!)? Any NCBs? If you can prove the case that you are indeed a cautious, law abiding citizen, the law will hopfully work in your favour mate.

Wishing you the very best of luck bud.

Greg

Hi Wayne,

I work for Zurich Insurance mate and sadly I have to say you don't really have a leg to stand on. The best bet is to mitigate the punishment as much as possible. The likely outcome will be a points penalty and standard fine, but bring whatever documentation you have been provided with by insurers over the years of your driving with you.

Do you have considerable driving experience? How many years have you had of continuous car use (insured of course!)? Any NCBs? If you can prove the case that you are indeed a cautious, law abiding citizen, the law will hopfully work in your favour mate.

Wishing you the very best of luck bud.

Greg

10 years over 5 years ncb one sp30 2 years ago, plus am insured on the supra hopefully is will prove am not a insurance dodger

I had only been driving for about two years when I got the ban and it was for two offences so cant see the punishment being as bad. I seem to remember not much of a premium increase in the following years after the ban as well, possibly because it was'nt dangerous driving, drunk driving etc.

Guest beccus

Hi

my name is Becca Sibley, I work for Norwich Union as a Customer Relations Manager. I'm sorry to hear that you've had these problems, but I'd like to look into this for you. If you could email me with either a number I could call you straight back on or some more details I'll be happy to see what I can do. My email address is [email protected].

Thank you

Becca

Guest Nicholas
Hi

my name is Becca Sibley, I work for Norwich Union as a Customer Relations Manager. I'm sorry to hear that you've had these problems, but I'd like to look into this for you. If you could email me with either a number I could call you straight back on or some more details I'll be happy to see what I can do. My email address is [email protected].

Thank you

Becca

Blimey that's a nice offer! I know where I'm going for my next renewal quote!

You're certainly doing the right thing regarding the tapes but you might struggle to get them. If you do then you may have a good case. The insurance will fight saying that you will have recieved documents stating what you are insured on. Set up a meating with a solicitor (1st should be free) and they can advise better.

A MEATING with a solicitor?? Hmmm, not sure if you imply they overcharge in Wales or something even less ethical :)

As far as I can see it doesn't matter if you insured a brick and the planet Saturn, whatever it was it ran out last month, you've been driving around uninsured.

Your best bet is the "I'm an idiot and it slipped my mind, I didn't get a renewal letter, here is proof I've always been insured for 10 years up to this point, please don't hurt me" approach. but you are in for a bit of a shoeing probably :(

-Ian

I know that my insurance company sends a letter out saying something like: this is your renewal quote if you are happy with it do nothing and your payments will be taken as normal, but that was when i was paying monthly.

that's typically what I get too but you can't assume you're insured if you've not received anything from them, at the least they'd do is send you new policy documents once it was automatically renewed.

I know that my insurance company sends a letter out saying something like: this is your renewal quote if you are happy with it do nothing and your payments will be taken as normal, but that was when i was paying monthly.

That's how Norwich Union policies work too. I have 4 car policies with NU and they all renew automatically unless I contact them to say I don't want it to renew.

They all say something to the effect of 'To renew your cover, you need do nothing. Your cover will automatically continue if we do not hear anything from you'

Not sure how Supradibbs problem has happened TBH.

• 2 weeks later...