The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Quicksilver TT6 VVTi - BPU RZ-S

nigelc

Open to sensible offers

Been toying with selling the Supe for a while... I'm still not sure and definitely not in a rush, but the spec is as follows:

1998 JDM VVTi Twin Turbo 6 speed manual

Pictures courtesy of Tom Draper, cheers Tom! All taken 15th July 2007, so this is the car and how she looks right now.

Mileage 56,100 miles

MOT until April '08

Tax until February '08

Just serviced with all new oil, filter and front and rear brake pads.

Under the bonnet:

Upper Chris Wilson decat

Lower Chris Wilson decat

Megan Racing exhaust (imported from US)

FCD

RPS Super Street Clutch

Walbro Fuel Pump

Polished hard pipe kit

Chrome "Supra" etched slam panel

Chrome steering fluid cap

All the work was done by Paul Whiffin @ Whifbitz

Rolling Roaded at Thor showing 336 RWBHP (Graph upstairs, but not got a scanner....)

Inside:

Defi Link Boost & EGT gauges

HKS Turbo Timer

Gizzmo 2 stage memory shift light

Speedhut Indiglo dials

In dash 7.2" LCD monitor

DVD / CD / VCD / MP3 player

There is not a mark on the interior.

Both the HKS Turbo Timer and the Defi Link controller are professionally mounted in the armrest.

Veilside Alloy gearknob.

Outside:

18" AEZ 6 spokes alloys (2 excellent, 2 minor rash - quoted £50ea to recon)

Clear side repeaters and clear rear running lights (the red ones on the rear wings)

Both headlamps are perfectly clear

Discrete LED fog lamp wired into one of the reversing lights (no unsightly holes cut in the bumper)

Tein adjustable suspension

Front strut brace

Rear strut brace

Includes:

Original alloys

One spare (unused) rear tyre

2 x active spoilers (never got around to fitting one)

1 x active spoiler ECU

1 x active spoiler switch

stock exhaust (excellent condition)

Both cats

Stock head unit

SARD R2D2 BOV with piping

Alloy top rad pipe

Also included is a sub and amp (not currently fitted).

Paintwork is pretty much mint, with a few tiny marks, but in my opinion better than "good" for a '98.

Security:

Toad Cat 1 Remote alarm

2 keys

2 zappers

The fuel gauge sticks on full occasionally (since fitting the speedhut indiglo's) but the warning light always works,so you know when you need to fill up! The EGT probe hasn't been fitted (Matt Harwood's mate Shane can sort this for a hand full of dollars). Other than that it is perfect. This car really is my pride and joy, and has hardly been used for over a year.

Open to sensible offers, but like I say, I'm not in a rush, so no silly offers! Anyone interested, PM me to arrange a viewing or call me on 07770 931625.

All pics below courtesy of me and my camera phone (sorry!)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas

I'd love another but can't justify spending that sort of money, great example though, good luck with the sale! :)

one of the newest models out there.
Good point Rob. IIRC from the NZ site, 98 was the last year they really made them in any decent numbers. I think they managed 30 the month mine was eventually cobbled together.

It must've been like last day at school, 'mufti day' (that might be a local thing), for the last couple of years in the Supra plant :D

What boost were you running at Thor?

I'll dig out the graph tonight, but IIRC 1.1bar as that is what the Defi Link's warn at, and I rarely get the warning beep except on lovely cold mornings:d Paul suggested increasing the restrictor ring if we wanted 1.2bar.

Very nice fella. What boost were you running at Thor? I dont think the price is too bad either, looks like a great example for one of the newest models out there.

Sorry for the delay.

We run 1.1bar at Thor. I only have the graph from the first run which showed 331 RWHP. Second run showed 336 RWHP.

As I understand it there was an option for a slightly larger restrictor ring to achieve 1.2bar, but time was running out, and 330 was the target so we were happy!

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot believe this has not sold! The best model available IMHO!

I would snap it up but I have one already!

good luck....

It only just went in the trader a few days ago, to be honest, I've been pretty lazy advertising it!

To answer the most common questions:

1. Rear clear running lights are from US ebay (about $80 including shipping etc)

2. Front clear side repeaters from Paul @Whifbitz

3. I'm not looking to sell the active spoilers / SARD / other bits seperately. I'll only look to do that if they don't go with the car.

Hope that all helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.