The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bricking It Now!!

Havard

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the rest dude thoughts are with you. Its not by all accounts a biggy in the grand scheme of surgery and the fact that a lot of celebs choose to go C-section rather than go through natural child birth says a lot about the actual procedure as well. My mrs is a big ole worry pants as well which is why she knows to inform me that babies can go back into breach after the routine checks have been made to see if they've turned or not.

You will worry regardless of whats said to you now, its not a nice thing to say but unfortunately chap you've no choice here but to be a man, step up and see that your woman takes some reassurance from you as she needs to see you are calm. This will steady her nerves.

My mrs says run her a bath and pamper her a bit to take her mind off it,,, aw bless her lol.

Good luck old bean

Like the rest dude thoughts are with you. Its not by all accounts a biggy in the grand scheme of surgery and the fact that a lot of celebs choose to go C-section rather than go through natural child birth says a lot about the actual procedure as well. My mrs is a big ole worry pants as well which is why she knows to inform me that babies can go back into breach after the routine checks have been made to see if they've turned or not.

You will worry regardless of whats said to you now, its not a nice thing to say but unfortunately chap you've no choice here but to be a man, step up and see that your woman takes some reassurance from you as she needs to see you are calm. This will steady her nerves.

My mrs says run her a bath and pamper her a bit to take her mind off it,,, aw bless her lol.

Good luck old bean

Great post DB!!

I am far better in a crisis when I don't have time to think....:blink: This is hard because we now have about 12 hours before the fun begins!

Thanks for everyones posts and it's nice to know that people care. Some of our friends and neighbours have all made offers of help which is terrific!!

H.

I hope you're prepared for all the names she's gonna call you H.

C section is the easy way though. I hear loads of women even opt for it voluntarily these days.

That should give you some ammo to fight back with when Vicki says "Never again you b&^%$£*". ;)

Cry? You will mate. :)

C section is the easy way though. I hear loads of women even opt for it voluntarily these days.

C section is only the 'easy way' for the blokes to be honest. Means the whole birth is over in 15 minutes or so, as opposed to 3 or 4 hours normally.

However for the woman its not so good. Quite a few women feel they have failed in not being able to give birth naturally, it also makes it extremely difficult for the woman to do anything afterwards as they have no strength in their stomach muscles and so cannot sit up easily, cannot carry the baby too well and cannot drive for at least 4 weeks (it might be longer).

Not looking to worry you here, but your other half is going to need a LOT of help doing things after a c-section as it is quite a major operation considering.

Hope its all gone well, now the fun really starts.

JB

I'll refrain from posting photo's of the actual procedure but, I was amazed to see it happen.

Once the drugs have kicked in - easy life :)

Thank God for that, quite WHY any man would want to watch his wife give birth amazes me. I honestly believe it's media pressure, and the trendy thing to do. I also honestly believe most women would rather not have ther husband as an audience either, but like the Kings new clothes, no one speaks out ;) I'd no more want to watch a woman give birth than watch her take a dump, TBH :)

A caesarean is about as dangerous as a wisdom tooth pull, so I would chill out and get down the pub. Get them to ring you you once it's all over! Draw up a list of jobs for her to catch up with next week whilst your having your pints.

C section is only the 'easy way' for the blokes to be honest. Means the whole birth is over in 15 minutes or so, as opposed to 3 or 4 hours normally.

However for the woman its not so good. Quite a few women feel they have failed in not being able to give birth naturally, it also makes it extremely difficult for the woman to do anything afterwards as they have no strength in their stomach muscles and so cannot sit up easily, cannot carry the baby too well and cannot drive for at least 4 weeks (it might be longer).

Not looking to worry you here, but your other half is going to need a LOT of help doing things after a c-section as it is quite a major operation considering.

Hope its all gone well, now the fun really starts.

JB

But a natural birth will more often than not weaken a ladies pelvic floor muscles and this can lead to very embarassing problems such as incontinence. Plus it makes their bits look like a badly packed kebab at 3am on sat morning :D

Have to agree, I missed 70% of baby no. 2 due to being in the pub, and the missus was actually fine with it :) Was there for the whole thing first time round, but stayed STRICTLY up the head end. No thanks, dont want to see anything, dont want to be involved and sure as hell didn't wanna cut any chords !

We have two kids and that's it, no more - we are taking precautions. (I've hidden the short skirts and make up ;) )