The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Topgear or Fifth Gear ?

Gerry

Watched Fifth Gear last night hosted by VBH at the Ace cafe.

Seen it before a few times and wondered how you all rate it ?

My views...

Topgear

I do like Clarkson, despite what I hear he said about Supras, he‘s funny, chauvinistic, not PC - like him a lot.

The other two are a good foil for him and I think the three of them make a good team.

I like the program as it is revolves mainly around speed / power etc etc

9/10

Fifth Gear

I also like VBH :love: , love her sexy laugh and he cheeky grin, plus she can drive better than me.

The others are a bit like an old pop group “wet wet wet”.

They seem to spend most of the program covering “green” issues and talking about MPG not MPH.

5/10

PS if there was no VBH it would be 2/10

Over to you....

Clarkson is a lad's lad... Lets be honest, nobody really watches top gear to see cars like 1.4 polo's.. I watch it because they will drive cars I will probably not even get the chance to sit in, and they blow shit up... (okay on this one I'm about par)... It is about entertainment, it is a proper TV show for me, cocking about..enough said.

VBH is an angular hogbeast, that "laugh" makes me want to set her on fire, she's 90% man.

Basically Fifth Gear wants to be Top Gear, they try so hard, they fail, it's sh&t.

Nooooooooooo

(Agree with the second bit though)...

VBH is an angular hogbeast, that "laugh" makes me want to set her on fire, she's 90% man.

Basically Fifth Gear wants to be Top Gear, they try so hard, they fail, it's sh&t.

:rlol:

I watched fifth gear last night. Enjoyed the formula ford vs ford gt bit, and that Ferrari 612 sounded glorious... but WTF was the point of the bungie jump bit?

what has started to annoy me is the challenges that look very similar to the ones top gear did.

i like the long haired dude and i'm happy they actually review cars on the show. The cafe bits that aren't meant to be funny are just strained though and really don't work with the program.

m.

they both have thier merits but Top gear is v entertaining and photography excellent.

VBH?? top girl!! :thumbs: true petrol head loves cars and bikes too, doesnt feel need to tart herself up to do her job, her personality is ace :D Woman after my own heart ;)

lolx

I think they're both 'not bad'... I think I hate VBH as much as I hate Clarkson - surely the undulating voice thing can't still count for journalism can it?

Don't get me wrong, I love cars but it's all a bit middle class/age really? I never thought I'd be the kind of person who watches it.... what have I become?!

That said I always enjoy watching Tiff rinse out whatever they give him... he's the only thing worth watching really.

I don't like Clarkson's "i am always right attitude" mind you i don't think many do, he is kind of like a person who insists on giving an opinion but cannot take anyone else's i cant stand people like that, even so Top gear is still the best in my view.

They have the three different levels of presenters for the three different attitudes and markets, firstly you have Clarkson who i believe would appeal more to BMW drivers rather than anyone else, you have Richard who i think appeals to the younger to middle aged markets, and you have James which is your typical classic car driver that is a little more sedate for the older generation.

5th Gear try to keep up by doing everything 1 step behind Top gear and when they think they are 1 step ahead its still crap.

I think 5th gear should stick to its name and not bother looking at cars with more gears than that cos they just ruin the review by talking about MPG.

anyway essay over lol.

dont like 5th gear to much, formats all wrong - too top gear style, but in the wrong way.

VBH - :sly:

the segment she did in the last series where her mum was driving the lambo - wow - is it wrong to be turned on by the way she said "mummy" all the time :blink:

dont like 5th gear to much, formats all wrong - too top gear style, but in the wrong way.

VBH - :sly:

the segment she did in the last series where her mum was driving the lambo - wow - is it wrong to be turned on by the way she said "mummy" all the time :blink:

And I thought that was just me.... :eyebrows: