The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted... manual diff

JamieP

excuse the dumb question and the slight hijack, but what's the difference between auto and manual diffs then? just a different ratio? just wondering what happens if you do a manual swap with gearbox and prop but not the diff, do you get longer / shorter gears?

why not get a carbon prop jamie?

Im selling the car soon mate so not really worth it;)

excuse the dumb question and the slight hijack, but what's the difference between auto and manual diffs then? just a different ratio? just wondering what happens if you do a manual swap with gearbox and prop but not the diff, do you get longer / shorter gears?

Yea different ratios, im having a auto diff and prop fitted for now to get get me back on the rd till i can get some manual stuff, car should be back in a day or 2:)

A TRD limited slip centre section would almost certainly cause MORE failures as it would hook up the power better, causing more shock to the crown wheel and pinion, which is what, I assume, is failing. The "limited slip" bit of the diff is just a small proportion of the whole, the crown wheel and pinion, which has failed, is not changed when a TRD limited slip conversion is fitted. For serious drag work I would imagine the car needs a bigger crown wheel and pinion, which would mean a different casing, which would mean a huge amount of alterations and expense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.