The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lewis Hamilton

neil tt

id say he'd be a good contender for British sports personality of the year this year. why not? everything he has done has been to a professional and mature level so far. i cant see anything wrong with him. not even lack of experience! His dad must be so proud...

And is it me or is Alonso cracking under the pressure? i loved the "some of us got lucky...." line in his post race interview. me thinks Alonso is starting to feel resentment towards lewis....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah :yawn:

As I said I am a fan, I do not doubt he is a winner (read my original post) I knew this like everyone who follows the sport beofre he entered into F1. All I was pointing out is I want to see how good he REALLY is, lets see how good he is in the pack ie from say 14th on the grid.

As for the comment about "so did Alonso" in regards to having the quickest car dunno who made and I cannot be arsed to go back. Look how many errors he made and the drive through, ok the drive through was a choice, get the penelty or run out of fuel.

He is great but I want to see how great he is in the pack, he will always be over shadowed by Schumi if he keeps on performing well from the front of the grid, Schumi could win races from last place on the grid. Once LH can do this or win races or even get on the podium from further down the grid then we will see how brilliant he is.

So far the comments have been just like the tabloids "all hail the greatest british driver" untill he falls flat on his face, which I hope he doesn't.

I share Murray Walkers views on this, he has the chance and the ability (although I want to see a little more) but lets hope the British press can leave off him. The Guy is only 22 and to much pressure could have a negative effect.

The Guy is only 22 and to much pressure could have a negative effect.

Yep the last thing he needs is people saying he's just a chancer until he wins races from the back of the grid in his first ever season in F1. That'd be really harsh ;)

-Ian

I don't think winning a race from the back makes you a brillant driver. When MS was first racing, how many times did he bin his car when he was'nt up front. As I remember it, it was quite a few, because he couldn't handle the pressure. I would be quite happy to see him keep winning from the front. He has already proved himself beyond doubt, just for the fact of the seat he is sitting in. Going back 3-4 years ago, he didn't have a chance of getting a F1 drive, because he wasn't quick enough, he is extracting more from the car, than even Mclaren thought possible.:)

You missed a "GO" out.

I still want to see how good he is when he has not got a clear track ahead of him, so far he has had it fairly easy to be fair. Do not get me wrong I am a fan but up to now he has not been tested. He has the best package/fastest car under him there are other drivers in the pack that could do what he has done with that car.

Hmm....have you missed out on most of his starts???? :rolleyes:

As I said I am a fan, I do not doubt he is a winner (read my original post) I knew this like everyone who follows the sport beofre he entered into F1. All I was pointing out is I want to see how good he REALLY is, lets see how good he is in the pack ie from say 14th on the grid.

He hasn't proved he can do it in F1 yet but he's certainly proved it in his GP2 career. In the Istanbul race (in his last season in GP2 before moving to F1), he battled his way from 18th place all the way through to 2nd.

No I have seen them, unless you are willing to comment on what I am actually meaning then please do not quote me, I only want to see how good he is in the pack NOT THE STARTS.

Does he not scythe through the pack when lapping them?? He and Alonso lapped everyone in Monaco. And on a couple of groups they were lapping Hamilton cleared the traffic and cut the gap to Alonso.

I agree with the other chap, seeing Hamilton in the rain will be the best test, it's a great leveller.

Does he not scythe through the pack when lapping them?? He and Alonso lapped everyone in Monaco. And on a couple of groups they were lapping Hamilton cleared the traffic and cut the gap to Alonso..

That/this proved/proves nothing as when this happens the drivers that they are about to lap get blue flags waved meaning the must slow down to allow the faster cars past.

Here you go - May last year :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=832610&postcount=20

(ok Jenson proved me wrong by fluking it it Hungary last year :D )

If he has a weakness, it's his qualifying, but he didnt do a bad job last weekend.

This years world champ on current form, and dont even try getting a bet on him for BBC Sports Personality of the Year :)