The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lewis Hamilton

neil tt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a "GO" out.

I still want to see how good he is when he has not got a clear track ahead of him, so far he has had it fairly easy to be fair. Do not get me wrong I am a fan but up to now he has not been tested. He has the best package/fastest car under him there are other drivers in the pack that could do what he has done with that car.

It was an eventful race, that crash was horrific and I thought the worst like eveyone else.

Think I'll watch it again too, got to watch it for the press conference and post race stuff which ITV didn't show because of one of the most depressing programmes's ever made was on next - Coronation St. :mad:

You missed a "GO" out.

I still want to see how good he is when he has not got a clear track ahead of him, so far he has had it fairly easy to be fair. Do not get me wrong I am a fan but up to now he has not been tested. He has the best package/fastest car under him there are other drivers in the pack that could do what he has done with that car.

Clear track! Think it was scattered with F1 car debris and safety cars for most of the race, boy done good if you ask me. Poor ol Jenson Button.

Yes he's got the best car, but so does Alonso!

He had the same car and a clear track (apart from his teammate) and look where he ended up! Running off at the first bend because you want desperately to beat your teammate to the corner is a basic and stupid thing to do.

And if you need to see what Hamilton is like from the back or under pressure, just look back on his previous (GP2 etc) race history. He may be new to F1, but he's got 13 years of racing behind him.

Give the lad his due. He has never driven in Canada but didn't once waver under the pressure of a very difficult and fragmented race. Other far more experienced F1 drivers were falling by the wayside and making fundamental errors.

Don't forget, these guys are paid huge money to be the BEST at their game. Basic errors like ignoring red lights on the pit exit and suchlike should be unforgiveable at that level. I can quite understand why Coulthard and Schumacher are under threat the way they're performing.

You missed a "GO" out.

Damon Hill all over again then :rolleyes:

You missed a "GO" out.

I still want to see how good he is when he has not got a clear track ahead of him,

Maybe if he didn't qualify so well up the field.....but then he always does, and even if he qualifies in (a lowly) 4th, he manages to get to the first corner in 2nd place....but if he didn't then we wouldn't think he's soo good.....then people wouldn't rave about him so much......then everyone would think we've just got another fairly good British racing driver - 'maybe he'll be good enough to win a race someday. When will we ever get a truly GREAT British racing driver?'!

But here we are in June and he's never been off the podium. He's leading the World Championship and hasn't made a racing mistake as yet.

How about we all stop with the scepticism and moaning - to a large extent you make your own luck in racing, and Lewis does that BIG time - he gets himself near the front early so that he DOESN'T have loads of cars in front of him - you can't criticise him for that - it's what good drivers are supposed to do! Meanwhile the 2-times World Champion was the one yesterday who was making all the mistakes. Get behind Lewis and give him your support. The 'flash in the pan' argument can't last forever - 6 races, 6 podiums - when Schumacher did this sort of thing it was all down to his 'metronomic efficiency' at getting a good job done well - why with Hamilton is it all down to luck and a great car?

Maybe, just maybe that 'Great British racing driver' has already arrived. Maybe some people just refuse to see it.

Maybe if he didn't qualify so well up the field.....but then he always does, and even if he qualifies in (a lowly) 4th, he manages to get to the first corner in 2nd place....but if he didn't then we wouldn't think he's soo good.....then people wouldn't rave about him so much......then everyone would think we've just got another fairly good British racing driver - 'maybe he'll be good enough to win a race someday. When will we ever get a truly GREAT British racing driver?'!

But here we are in June and he's never been off the podium. He's leading the World Championship and hasn't made a racing mistake as yet.

How about we all stop with the scepticism and moaning - to a large extent you make your own luck in racing, and Lewis does that BIG time - he gets himself near the front early so that he DOESN'T have loads of cars in front of him - you can't criticise him for that - it's what good drivers are supposed to do! Meanwhile the 2-times World Champion was the one yesterday who was making all the mistakes. Get behind Lewis and give him your support. The 'flash in the pan' argument can't last forever - 6 races, 6 podiums - when Schumacher did this sort of thing it was all down to his 'metronomic efficiency' at getting a good job done well - why with Hamilton is it all down to luck and a great car?

Maybe, just maybe that 'Great British racing driver' has already arrived. Maybe some people just refuse to see it.

Great post Dogg. :D

:yeahthat:

G :)

LH was under massive pressure from the Ferrari's in the second race...the one where he got Massa back twice and then held off the clearly fast Kimi...

The kid can do it...

He can be the first Rookie to win the whole thing.

He's beaten the World Champion (who beat MS) in a straight fight, Alonso is clearly rattled by it all otherwise he wouldn't have driven such a poor race (esp that first corner, LH wouldn't have made that mistake).

Didn't think the rules over the pitlane were entirely fair...closing the pitlane to all cars inc ones that are on an in-lap seems to be crazy as a crash/closed pitlane situation could lead to you running out of fuel. I don't think that was fair on Alonso or Nico. I think the rules need adjusting to make sure people arn't penalised for stops that are scheduled....

LH was under massive pressure from the Ferrari's in the second race...the one where he got Massa back twice and then held off the clearly fast Kimi...

The kid can do it...

He can be the first Rookie to win the whole thing.

He's beaten the World Champion (who beat MS) in a straight fight, Alonso is clearly rattled by it all otherwise he wouldn't have driven such a poor race (esp that first corner, LH wouldn't have made that mistake).

Didn't think the rules over the pitlane were entirely fair...closing the pitlane to all cars inc ones that are on an in-lap seems to be crazy as a crash/closed pitlane situation could lead to you running out of fuel. I don't think that was fair on Alonso or Nico. I think the rules need adjusting to make sure people arn't penalised for stops that are scheduled....

Exactly i agree with you.

Also those who say he hasn't proved anything just need to look through his career, every formula he has raced in he has proven himself, the guy has been doing this for 10 years !

I expect when he does make a mistake the press will jump all over him but thats the way they work :rolleyes:

At this rate, Lewis could be a major contributor to British Motor racing being our nation sport! Lets face it,... football, cricket and tennis has had its time.

Never mind scrapping silverstone of the F1 calendar, lets have a 2nd race,.... maybe even a London street race or night race.

Lewis rules!!!