The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Family Criminal

chilly

Guest Geneb

I think he may have learned his lesson though, he is shitting himself about going to the station. I have packed him a bag and hold him he might have to go to prison if he doesn't be totally honest with them.

well done that man shame more parents don't act like that:)

Not being funny, but did you ask for the evidence to be destroyed afterwards? Otherwise it will be kept on file from now on and can be used when he gets older.

Although he wasn't charged, just reprimanded it stays on a file for 5 years.

So he has to keep his nose clean now. TBH he is just a lad, and is no doubt going to get into trouble in the future.

They just need protecting, especially from the serious stuff you hear teenagers gettin up to these days.

Has he had a good thrashing? Give him two, just in case he didn't mention anything else he's done. (IMHO)

Old school then Chris? Sadly I believe not enough has been done these days (in general, not aimed at anyone), and kids seem to get away with a lot more these days...World seems too liberal..

Just had a bit of a row with the missus, over the fact that I believe children should show respect and not argue with adults even when they are wrong (perhaps mention it to the adult in passing a bit later), but at that particular time the adult has said something and as such that should be taken as golden, not argued with... Guess I'm old school, if I said something wrong I'd get a clip around the ear, these days kids seem to get a medal for showing individuality and tenacity (It was called cheek back when I grew up and resulted in clip around the ear)

I certainly believe in coming down like a ton of bricks on kids when they do wrong - but I also believe that after something like the incident this thread is about, after a week or so, if he's making a good effort to get 'back on side' again, he should get some sort of praise/reward for doing things right. Too much negativity and they just start to think 'Why bother even trying to be good?'