The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Family Criminal

chilly

Had a knock at the door last night at 10 pm from the police. Seems my 10 yr old lad had been throwing stones and had smashed a window at the local community centre!

He had failed to mention it to me when he came in last night (must have thought he'd got away with it).

Anyway I have to take him to the station today to receive a caution etc.

I'm furious with him, he now has a criminal record at 10!

I think he may have learned his lesson though, he is shitting himself about going to the station. I have packed him a bag and hold him he might have to go to prison if he doesn't be totally honest with them.

I suppose i'll have to pay for the window.

Kid eh, who'd have em.

Funniest thing was i'd had a few glasses of vino when they came round and couldn't remember his date of birth!!

Bad Dad...bad dad!!

They are wonderful ar'nt they bless them. Not sure how my 14 year old has got to where he is without getting himself into too much trouble, but there is still time yet. 10 is probably a good time, young enough to be still scared of the police, good luck:)

Its been a serious of small events leading up to this one. Heis not a bad lad, just seems to be making the wrong decisions...and gettin caught.

I hope he gets the fright of his life today. They don't realise the severity of things.

He doesn't have a criminal record if he gets a caution , i think it just remains on record for a few years.

Make him pay for the damage and appologies to thew community centre manager, i assume he gets pocket money ?

i remember when i was about 11 i kicked a football at a kid i didn't like and it got stuck under his wheel and he fell off his bike, the bike was damaged and his dad came round, i got a right bollocking and had to pay for the damage to the bike, then i was frogmarched round to the kids house to appologise :D

another thing that might be worth a try is ask if the police will really lay it on thick to make sure he gets the message, get them to show him the cells etc, could be the kick up the bum he needs, because as you say they don't realise the significance of it.

He doesn't have a criminal record if he gets a caution , i think it just remains on record for a few years.

Make him pay for the damage and appologies to thew community centre manager, i assume he gets pocket money ?

i remember when i was about 11 i kicked a football at a kid i didn't like and it got stuck under his wheel and he fell off his bike, the bike was damaged and his dad came round, i got a right bollocking and had to pay for the damage to the bike, then i was frogmarched round to the kids house to appologise :D

another thing that might be worth a try is ask if the police will really lay it on thick to make sure he gets the message, get them to show him the cells etc, could be the kick up the bum he needs, because as you say they don't realise the significance of it.

Yeah all the above is going to happen, will ring the cops before i go.

I am really disappointed in your lad Chilly!! Throwing stones, theres no skill in that.......:D I remember when I was about 12 being on an office car park playing footie with the lads. We were a bit bored after the game so I bet one of them a fiver (lot of money in those days) that I could break a window that was 3ft x 3ft from about 25 yards away with the football.

Boom!! Struck an absolute cracker, ball went through the window and we all legged it. Got my fiver and lost £9 worth of ball. Kids eh??

This may have come at a good time mate. Impressionable age 10. ;) Just maek sure he knows it's not the side of the fence to be on!!

H.

be careful how you handle the situation ,could be a turning point in even someone so young ,some kids these days wear getting into trouble as a badge of honour .maybe play it down a little?

The good thing is he scared shitless of the Police. He said it was an accident as he was trying to throw the stone over the community centre.

There'll be tears later from him, I reckon he'll have learned his lesson.

Had a similar issue recently... discovered one of my step-kids had been shop lifting in poundland.. She is normally a good kid, but started mixing with an older crowd at school. I was less then impressed when I heard. She maintained it was the others who was doing and she wasn't involved..

Picked her up from school, on her own, sat her in the car, gave her the usual disappointed routine. Came up with some crap about how I can loose my security clearance because of this crap, and I needed to know what was going on. Usual nothing was the answer.

So off I went into town to have a word with the shop owner while she sat with my other half. (I was just returning my courtisy car really, wasn't going into town)... My other half was rather strong saying that if I found out something on my visit to town, how I was likely to take her straight over to the Young Offenders Clinic (Where clinic came from I have no idea)... Needless to say she did finally crack and it turn out to be 1 pot of babyfood (WHYYYY???) and 1 bar of chocolate...

Needless to say, I hope she has learnt her lesson with a minor thing rather than twoc'ing or something like that.

All of this came to light because one of the other kids had nicked the neighbours fags and been caught, so obviously other questions were asked such as 'Where did 20 disposable lighters come from)...

All in all gotta love kids...

i got a right bollocking and had to pay for the damage to the bike, then i was frogmarched round to the kids house to appologise :D

This I think is the problem...

I remember when I was younger, if I got a clip from someone in the street, I'd be scared to go home and tell my dad because he would normally give me ANOTHER clip for doing something wrong in the first place...

Nowadays a)you can't tell kids off b) More than likely to have some irrate parent round because you shouted at their kid...

LOL...Pounland of all places!!

Childhood is a steep learning curve I suppose

However, my neighbours kid when I first met him (he was 14), was a proper little SCROT BAG, only way to describe him. Out smoking all the time, nicking bikes, shoplifting all the time. He dropped out of school aged 15.

He is now 16 and thanks to some good positive pressure from myself and plenty others round here (Graham S included), he has turned out to be a good kid. Sadly he will have the cautions/criminal record from his youth, but thankfully now he is legally an adult he has straightened up and become a good kid. He is in college doing a plumbing/construction course... So there are some good kids out there still...

Just got back from the cop shop.

They really pulled out all the stops:

Cautioned

interviewed

asked if he wanted a solicitor

photographed

fingerprinted

DNA swab taken

Northumberlands most wanted....!!

He was shitting himself in the interview, think its done the trick though.

Cautioned

interviewed

photographed

fingerprinted

DNA swab taken

Hopefully mate!! It will come to me eventually as my eldest is 12 but she is ok. My 2 lads will be the problem I would imagine!

Hope things get easier from here mate!!;)

H.

He has to go back next week to a police reprimand surgery.

He said he wasn't aiming to break the window, he was trying to throw the stone over the building.

So he got reprimanded for recklessness under criminal damage.

All told a waste of 2 hrs Police time.

He better have learned from it, as I dont want to go through that again never mind him!!

Oddly, I feel the urge to say bless...that's a pretty tough stance for a 10yrd old. He is only just on the cusp of being old enough to be criminally liable for most offences.

Hopefully enough of a scare to sort him out; i'm sure many of us were guilty of a lot worse in our youth, we just didn't get caught! :rolleyes:

I might be lucky then, our 10yr old (nearly 11) cannot lie to save his life.

He came home from being out with his mates and I started joking around with him, saying "I saw what you were up to", even though I hadn't and he started getting all shifty.

When pressed apparently they had found a girly mag (only Heat we found out later), and he then states that he didn't look at it.

Glad it was only that and not something worse.

I might be lucky then, our 10yr old (nearly 11) cannot lie to save his life.

He came home from being out with his mates and I started joking around with him, saying "I saw what you were up to", even though I hadn't and he started getting all shifty.

When pressed apparently they had found a girly mag (only Heat we found out later), and he then states that he didn't look at it.

Glad it was only that and not something worse.

Tell him to stick to cars. They're a lot more reliable, and cost less money. ;)

Cautioned

interviewed

photographed

fingerprinted

DNA swab taken

Not being funny, but did you ask for the evidence to be destroyed afterwards? Otherwise it will be kept on file from now on and can be used when he gets older.