The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my cats been hit by a car :(

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry about your cat mate. I hit a cat about 2 week ago. Made a bit of a mess of it. It still makes me feel sick when I think about it. Still feel guilty but there was nothing I could do as it was dark and he ran out in the road from under a bush and got hit by front and back wheels.

hope it gets well soon

WOW!! You guys are ace!! :cool: Thanks everyone.

Vet says hes doing ok and if he makes it through the night he stands a good chance at making a full recovery (excluding the leg which has been removed).

RSPCA are helping with the cost as its "officially" a stray, which helps.

Can't wait to see him tomorrow :)

My cat was hit by a car 3 years ago on a 50mph road, found by the head vet on his way to work unconscious, he was in the vets for 9 days on an infusion pump, being tube fed, needed front leg and chest muscle removing and needed a blood transfusion off another cat and was in an oxygen "tent", his left iris was split too and his bottom Jaw wired, he is as fit as a bastard now can jump /climb over fences etc no bother.Bill came to £3600, i pay insurance price then £5 per month and only had to pay £30 excess, hope your fella is ok, they have a healing rate 6 times quicker than people and can take some hammer so here's hoping!!:)

WOW!! Whats your cats name?

Rambo???

Thanks for that. Gives me hope :innocent:

My cat was hit by a car 3 years ago on a 50mph road, found by the head vet on his way to work unconscious, he was in the vets for 9 days on an infusion pump, being tube fed, needed front leg and chest muscle removing and needed a blood transfusion off another cat and was in an oxygen "tent", his left iris was split too and his bottom Jaw wired, he is as fit as a bastard now can jump /climb over fences etc no bother.Bill came to £3600, i pay insurance price then £5 per month and only had to pay £30 excess, hope your fella is ok, they have a healing rate 6 times quicker than people and can take some hammer so here's hoping!!:)

Hope it pulls through Ed. I've lost two to car injuries that were not found quick enough, at least this one is getting the care and attention it needs. Our neighbour took in a stray a year ago and it got hit by a car not long after. Broken leg plus internal injuries. £1200 later its as good as new, bar a limp. Still belts across the road though, not learnt its lesson.

Our current cat is stone deaf, and doesnt go anywhere near the road which is a relief.

sorry about your cat mate. I hit a cat about 2 week ago. Made a bit of a mess of it. It still makes me feel sick when I think about it. Still feel guilty but there was nothing I could do as it was dark and he ran out in the road from under a bush and got hit by front and back wheels.

hope it gets well soon

Hows the car? I hope you weren't in the supe! A seagull made a right mess of my old Pug 405.

Hope hop along is ok!

:hug: Sorry to hear about your kitty, I am sure he will be ok once the vet does his bit. :doctor:

I know its hard to believe in times like this that things could be worse, but I lost my cat to a car a few years back as a silly twat came speeding up the road and hit him in the face and he died bless him and I miss him terribly I wish he was still here with three legs - where there is life there is hope and your kitty will be fine even if he only has three legs they adapt well.

My cat certainly is close to using up all nine lives! when he was 3 he got caught in a fox trap and had his front leg removed, 3 years later he got run over and broke his jaw, had to have pins inserted, 2 years later he fell of the wall awkwardly and broke his back leg, and last year he got run over again but the driver managed to stop so only knocked him of his feet. His name is Basil but his nickname (for obvious reasons) is Lucky! :D He is now 13 and still as lively as when he was a youngun.

Hope your cat is ok, keep us posted :cool:

Soz to hear about ur cat, never good! Still, I'm sure he'll be fine! Fingers crossed :)

We once had a cat with only 3 legs, got her from Battersea dogs home, so have no idea how she lost the leg. From the moment she came home it was clear she was no ordinary cat. A few weeks later we got a new puppy (the original reason we went to the dogs home) and as soon as we let the puppy out (which was about twice the size of the cat) she leapt at it, scratched it on the nose and made it clear who was boss. For the 9 years they lived together, the dog kept well away from the cat.

Seriously tho, this cat was like greased lightning - I've never seen a cat move as fast as she could - and with only 3 legs! She was an ace hunter, always catching mice and the such - had you not seen with your own eyes that she had 3 legs, you'd never have believed it! A really remarkable cat. Sadly we had to have her put to sleep about 5 years ago as he kidneys failed.

So, I'm sure that when u get ur cat home, it'll adapt in no time, they seem to have an amazing ability to just carry on!

Fingers crossed it's all ok :)

Very sorry to hear this ed. Hope he makes a full recovery soon enough. I would die if anything happened to my two cats. This is one of the reasons mine are indoor cats. ( And the fact i live in a flat so they have no way of getting out anyway ). Kind regards. And also let me know how your na t goes because i am doing one with my friend at the moment. :-)

Awwww I'm so Soz Ed....hope the lill fella recovers...

My dog used to play with the traffic, it got bought back by the Police once after causing a pile up on the A37 when I lived in Somerset luckily no-one was badly hurt.

Sheena (Amazing Grace) has a cat with three legs her son nicknames him tripod but hes learned quite well to hop around and he seems very content...

Si

:(