The mkiv Supra Owners Club

why don't (most) women look after their cars ?

Suprasteve

..not aimed at all women !!!

for example my other half has never washed her car since i've known her (probably cause muggins here will do it) also she wouldn't have a clue where the dipstick is.

I borrowed her car and whilst driving it felt...well wrong...so i got out and checked the tyres, they looked well low. Took it to get them pumped up - the lowest had 4psi in it the highest only 20 psi

are us blokes to blame ???:rolleyes:

Yep!! My missus has had her BMW for 12 months and although it is a maintained lease car she has never looked under the bonnet and doesn't even know where the lever is to open it!

She has also never checked her tyre pressures or water levels!!

Luckily I have...................once!! :D

H.

blimey! everything you have said there is the same as mine.

Never washes it.

Cant do the oil

Doesnt even fill up the washer bottle

Tyres pressure was really low until i fixed it

and worst of all, since she had a service its started to sound like a diesel, but she cant be botherd to book it back in to get the problem sorted!!!

are us blokes to blame ???:rolleyes:

Dunno, but I cant rest easy until I've checked the wifes car over regularly. She really has no idea or inclination to learn the basics, and I only get to find a problem by checking it myself.

I'd feel guilty if I left her to it.

Its because women only see cars as a thing to get them from A to B. To men a car is much more!

Not all of them - a lot of modern 'metro-sexual' men have no idea what an engine does, and would happily call out the AA to change their wheel in the event of a puncture. I saw it on TV, doncha know, so it must be true.

As for my missus, she helped me change her back discs and pads on her car, and insisted on doing most of the work :) Only trouble is, she keeps trying to nick my Sonax to wash the car :(

Not all of them - a lot of modern 'metro-sexual' men have no idea what an engine does, and would happily call out the AA to change their wheel in the event of a puncture. I saw it on TV, doncha know, so it must be true.

I'll have a skinny Latte and a goats cheese and spinage panini please, Now where did I park my Peugeot 307CC again?

:D :D :D

Good topic tho. What is odd, is I know girls that are fastidious about their cars, but don't mind if the car you drive is a bit scruffy, as long as you have a passion for it. And the girls that bareley know one end of thier car from the other give you sh*t becuase you havn't fixed the broken aerial yet, or has a scrape on the rear quarter painted etc etc. :rolleyes:

My sister is the same. lease car, never cleans it or checks it. Her old Reno 5 managed to run without oil because she never checked it. only found out because my dad checks it when she goes to visit them. He also gets up and washes the car because he can't understand how she lives with it in that state!

m.

My mates car and his girlfriends car are so so dirty and full of crap they look like a gypsy family have been living in them. It makes me worry about their personal hygiene to be honest.

Clean car ....... clean person

My other half has never serviced or washed her car as long as I have known her, don't know how the thing is still running. She cant see why I get so passionate about cars as she says, and I quote "Its just a piece of metal" :banghead:

Tell her that her shoes are just dead cows!

Not gonna rant cos I know most girls are rubbish but just for the record....

My ex had to call me to show him where to find his chassis number and worse; he didn't know where his bonnet release was after having had his MR2 for nearly 3 years!

Definitely a metro-sexual, hence being an ex!

:rolleyes: I've lalways ooked after all my cars, mostly because garages take the p@ss when they see a woman. In fact, i started a course in vehicle technology and repair last year and love it. I've had it on the ramp, checked it out, done loads of small jobs too numerous to mention and helped fit the body kit....and fit the new facelift indicators, wiring, put in new phillips blue bulbs all round...

....have a huuuuge list of other jobs to do and loving it :D Basic checks on almost a daily basis, every day its like a voyage of discovery ;)

As for the paintwork and interior, spend more on the cars 'toiletries' than mine! :shock: Meguires mostly applicator pads, terry towling for a gentle rub :eyebrows: absorbant cloths and lambswool mits :innocent: even been known to get out the cotton buds :whistle:

Your right in the main though but then I know some guys who are appallingly lax and drive round in what I can only describe as mobile dustbins and dont know where the bonnet popper is either :rolleyes:

I'm a proper petrol head as some of you may realise and spend many a happy hour under the bonnet/skirts/bumper with my tool kit getting down and dirty :yu: he he!

Lolxx

my missus isnt too bad tbh.

She's no petrol head but can do oil, water etc and wants me to teach her the basics so she doesnt get ripped off if she has to take it to a garage. She's changed her own front discs and pads, fitted some ICE, going to do the rear drums and shoes and maybe a wheel bearing. :)

Lin hasn't got a clue about her car. She washed it once and made such a song and dance about it you'd think she'd scored for England.

Unfortunately it's not just a woman thing though - my son's the same with his motor. :(