The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been offered a breeding pair of these!

Chris Wilson

:D

where are you going to put a 2 ft square cat flap lol

lucky sod

I sort of once had 5 cheetahs; when I lived in Nairobi I followed em from being days old and went to see them in the wild every weekend for 2 years.

The week we left Nairobi we went in the park one last time; at the gate on the way out where all 5 cheetahs; coincidence???

Rich

Do you need a licence to keep such creatures???

Yes, most definitely, except perhaps in N. Ireland, where I believe the Dangerous Wild Animals Act has never been put on the statute. They are VERY hard to get for big cats as the councils have been asked to only issue them to people who are breeding them for a purpose, such as release (abroad, obviously), or for zoos needing fresh stock. As zoo attendance is at an all time low due to people having so many sources of entertainment nowadays, only big cats to replace elderley zoo stock, or for endangered species are being granted a licence. There is a lot of faff in getting one, too. It helps to have had one for something deemed less dangerous with no issues, before applying for something a bit fierce :) I give the local council no end of enterntainment though, with odd requests and trips out to check things, guess it beats having people moaning why their green bi hasn't been emptied for 3 weeks.

They aren't THAT big a cat, nothing like a tiger or lion, or even a jaguar, but you wouldn't want to get one upset, that's for sure.

I have the feeling that it may take more than a new windscreen to appease Jane, she thinks the idea of big(ish) cats is alarming, madness and something that I can be persuded (pressured...?) from, and she making her thoughts known loud and clear. I can be pretty tenacious though :D I thought she'd overhear me talking to a farmer friend about the future possibility of storing some day old calves in his big freezer tonight, as he gets quite a few, but I guess the TV soaps have something to be grateful for, she was engrossed in some rubbish!

Info on the big cat families here

http://www.thebigcats.com

I don't think think they really make very good normal pets Mike, in fact I am not keen on keeping big cats in captivity at all, but sometimes nature needs a hand whre man has caused damage to a species stability. How would you like this fella chasing you down a hill....

http://www.snowleopard.org/photos/videoclips/huntingvideo

If I had to choose a cat on looks alone, it would have to be one of these below

I used to sponsor a black jaguar in Marwell Zoo for a year or so, in the mid-late eighties. Magnificent beast and the colouring/shading was just incredible...

http://www.galleryone.com/images/frace/frace%20-%20black%20jaguar.jpg

Just been checking the Marwell Zoo website but it appears that he has either moved on or passed on.

Maybe your wife would prefer one of these 'beasts'?

;)

I used to sponsor a black jaguar in Marwell Zoo for a year or so, in the mid-late eighties. Magnificent beast and the colouring/shading was just incredible...

http://www.galleryone.com/images/frace/frace%20-%20black%20jaguar.jpg

Just been checking the Marwell Zoo website but it appears that he has either moved on or passed on.

Maybe your wife would prefer one of these 'beasts'?

;)

I'm fitting cos of your avatar. Please change. :D

Lots of responsibility there Chris, hope you get the license mate. Your right nature does need a hand.

Thank god for people like you.

That sounds like a really good thing to do Chris I love cats and big cats are one of the most interesting species on the planet. Hope you can get your wife to see the light. I take it the cat's will be used to humans, however watch their "playfulness" I once met a jaguar and he wanted to play and getting just a paw in the face, stings a bit yet he seemed to think it was hours of fun, was prrrring just like a normal cat as well and responded to the same sign language.