The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New job? check. New car? suggestions please!

Ian W

Nissan S13/14

Type R

EVO

Scooby( As a last resort)

Fek it, dude why dont u get a another Soop. Your only going up to Giffnock, MPG will be good. And just ditch the bikes and Canoe's.

Plus side is there will be 2 soops sitting outside, haha.

Geo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan S13/14

Type R

EVO

Scooby( As a last resort)

Fek it, dude why dont u get a another Soop. Your only going up to Giffnock, MPG will be good. And just ditch the bikes and Canoe's.

Geo

Why would you put a type r (unless its an NSX) above a scooby...?? WRXs are a good all-round car, reliable (not that a honda isnt), etc...

Nissan S13/14 - not practical enough (can't take roof rack?)

Type R - definitely a strong contender. anyone on here owned one?

EVO - another contender

Scooby( As a last resort) - bit bland looking and lots about

wouldn't want to make them look common would I ;)

Guest mk47

no idea how much they go for but how about a toyota chaser? http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2116000-2116999/2116063_1_full.jpg

Impreza isn't as bad to insure as you'd think. Have a look on Scoobynet for some recommendations, obviously much better if you get a UK one.

You can also pick up one that has been family owned because they want to space. The stealability thing is usually the same as the Supra, they break into the house to nick the keys so no worse than before really. The reason they are stolen is because they are fast, handle superbly and you get get 5 big blokes with baseball bats in one so loads of room for you and your mates biking!

m.

Loved my wrx and now looking for a P1. Wee brother bought a scooby wagon the other week and it handles even better than the saloon in my opinion.

If you can get over the whole image thing then a fantastic motor.

PS, MPG on the motorway we got up to 30 taking it easy but daily commuting was 23 for me.

Insurance was a few quid more than a Supra N/A but not much difference.

03 WRX Wagon. Got it because we might need to get a wheelchair in the back.

Newage so understeersa rather than oversteers but tons of grip and very fast off the line. Not as hot at rolling speeds but four wheel drive has meant zero traction issues.

Just make sure it has been serviced and hasn't been over modded and it should be fine.

m

Loved my wrx and now looking for a P1. Wee brother bought a scooby wagon the other week and it handles even better than the saloon in my opinion.

If you can get over the whole image thing then a fantastic motor.

PS, MPG on the motorway we got up to 30 taking it easy but daily commuting was 23 for me.

Insurance was a few quid more than a Supra N/A but not much difference.

cool, cheers for that :)

Just make sure it has been serviced and hasn't been over modded and it should be fine.

nice one, will have a look around and see if there's any UK cars about. get some insurance quotes too. :)

Nissan Figaro??? ;)

How about a Celica GT4?

yes, i'm ignoring your figaro comment Edd (besides, the missus would always be nicking it :D)

Celica isn't practical enough either to be honest, no roof rack mounting points.

get an aristo, there are plenty of mk1's around for sale and in your price range. Once your on the forum you will see :)

If i get on the forum :D

can't see that many around for sale but then i've only been on pistonheads and autotrader.

How about an Audi S4

would be a fantastic choice and there are a couple i've seen near my price range.

i've heard of manifolds cracking at higher mileages though and apparently it's an engine out job to replace it?

don't know if this is correct or not :search:

i've never heard of that, could be wrong though, my mates had an S4 estate (sorry Avant!)for 5 years now and never had any manifolds cracked

what sort of mileage is his on? likely to be a higher mileage car with my budget (i.e. 100k+)