The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New job? check. New car? suggestions please!

Ian W

Right guys

got myself a new job sorted out and am on the lookout for a car to replace the taxi i've been using for the past six months.

Unfortunately I don't want a Supra this time around because, well it just wasn't practical enough (need to transport mountain bikes and kayaks whether it be on the back or on a roof rack).

I've budgeted up to £5k. Preferably to be capable of taking 4 people and not have too bad road manners as the missus will just moan :rolleyes:

so...what can you suggest? :eyebrows:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right guys

got myself a new job sorted out and am on the lookout for a car to replace the taxi i've been using for the past six months.

Unfortunately I don't want a Supra this time around because, well it just wasn't practical enough (need to transport mountain bikes and kayaks whether it be on the back or on a roof rack).

I've budgeted up to £5k. Preferably to be capable of taking 4 people and not have too bad road manners as the missus will just moan :rolleyes:

so...what can you suggest? :eyebrows:

Good news mate! :thumbs:

S4? ITR? Impreza Wrx?

got to clean it first. just making up for lost time at the moment

no worries mate, i'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

now back up in Glasgow with my new job so hopefully get along to one of the meets soon :) (even if it's not in a supra!)

Good news mate! :thumbs:

S4? ITR? Impreza Wrx?

S4's are nice but not many around that price mark. Also heard stories about the manifolds cracking at high mileages which is an engine out job for replacing it? :search:

ITR looks great to me and I'd be really interested in one if i found the right car.

Imprezas are great but the downsides are too many of them, owned by chavs and lastly...insurance seems steep on them because of the chav part / stealability.

S4's are nice but not many around that price mark. Also heard stories about the manifolds cracking at high mileages which is an engine out job for replacing it? :search:

ITR looks great to me and I'd be really interested in one if i found the right car.

Imprezas are great but the downsides are too many of them, owned by chavs and lastly...insurance seems steep on them because of the chav part / stealability.

Fu*k it! Buy Supra mate. For £5k you can find nice SZ or SZ-R if you are lucky...

ITR are very nice. I had one in the past. I was very pleased.