The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone insured with A-Plan?

supragold

They are on my list to phone in next few days as ive had my renewal through from Sky so am shopping round.

How knowlegable are they on the mods, both Sky and Adrian Flux have been brilliant regarding mods and the single turbo but i just know if i phoned the likes of elephant, tesco etc that they wouldnt have a clue what i was on about.

When I got my renewal through from Sky I was unhappy with how much they wanted so I phoned up A-Plan for a quote. A-Plan quoted a couple of hundred less so I phoned Sky back and they agreed to match the price so I stayed with Sky.

They do seem to be very good for modified Jap cars, I have a couple of friends with modified Lexi that use them.

They are on my list to phone in next few days as ive had my renewal through from Sky so am shopping round.

How knowlegable are they on the mods, both Sky and Adrian Flux have been brilliant regarding mods and the single turbo but i just know if i phoned the likes of elephant, tesco etc that they wouldnt have a clue what i was on about.

I'm currently with Elephant who are crap with modified motors plus its gone up since last year so sod em I'm going elsewhere. A-plan came in over £100 cheaper than them plus its like for like even down to me spark plugs :D

How much are they quoting you mate ?

£865 fully comp with like for like on everything in my VBGarage and with protected no claims. It was £800 if it was garaged but must be garaged whilst at home between 10pm and 7am. If on the odd occasion I leave it outside its not covered so went for driveway just incase which was £65 more. Worth it IMO.

I'm currently with Elephant who are crap with modified motors plus its gone up since last year so sod em I'm going elsewhere. A-plan came in over £100 cheaper than them plus its like for like even down to me spark plugs :D

£865 fully comp with like for like on everything in my VBGarage and with protected no claims. It was £800 if it was garaged but must be garaged whilst at home between 10pm and 7am. If on the odd occasion I leave it outside its not covered so went for driveway just incase which was £65 more. Worth it IMO.

Nice one will give them a call when my T78 install is completed

I just had a really good quote, so im thinking of swapping to them.

Perhaps the club could look at asking for a member discount?

when i had my MGF, and we have members discount with A-Plan. They did a great deal, you could get standard insurance which was calculated as normal insurance is. then you paid a set amount ontop of that if the car was modified no matter what you changed aslong as you had the reciepts for the parts, and you didnt have NOS! i had over £5000 of mods and was paying hardly anything extra, will have to dig out my old cover letters and see how much it was.

Nice one will give them a call when my T78 install is completed

Yeah do mate. Elephant wanted £960 odd as a renewal and that was basically just saying exterior mods, interior mods, manifold mods. Very vague. A-Plan seem very good. He did say that it helped that I had owned the car for 5 yrs and been driving it at 650bhp for the past 2 yrs so its not like I've just gone a bought a high power car for the first time and don't know how to drive it.

i had over £5000 of mods and was paying hardly anything extra, will have to dig out my old cover letters and see how much it was.

Think of the cost of my mods with my TO4Z turbo kit and the rest of the engine build alone. Not to mention wheels, bodykit etc.

Im ringing around at the mo, currently on hold to Adrian Flux. My operator isnt quite up on knowlege on Mods

"AEM AFR Gauge" - so thats like a filter then?

"apexi induction kit" - Is that the one with the turbo?

"walbro fuel pump" - Thats a non standard thing, yeah?

I kid you not. Even if they come up nice and cheap, i dont think ill be going with them!

i yoused a plan on my last supe no mods declared.rang them for a quote on my new one (mods declared )they told me it was company policy not to cover mods or give like for like,but would be glad to insure me as standard car.this was two months ago.if i was you i would check out the mods and like for like offer good luck.