The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A bad day

ellis

Had the same thing happen to my 1st cat - we lived near a fairly busy road so its bound to happen.

I have hit a cat before too :( wasn't even doing 20MPH as it was one of those roads that everyone double parks on but the cat was sat there and then suddenly decided to run across the road.

Luckily the poor fella hit my fibreglass splitter which cracked and absorbed a lot of the force. I stopped and checked evrything was ok (cat ran into cat flap ok lol) and he was apparently fine and was still fine weeks later - v. lucky and left me very relieved)

:innocent: R.I.P chunks :innocent:

Ah damn, sorry to hear he didn't pull through Ellis. Hope all is well with the family mate and you get through this OK. Looks like a lovely well cared for cat.

I bet it's especially annoying that the driver was a right t-wat and his negligent actions caused the accident and subsequent death. Just imagine if it was a young child - jesus christ.

Are you going to take any action against him?

Greg

Well the Police say there's nothing they can do. I can take out a private prosecution but that will just be long, costly and pointless. I've got his address etc so am popping round to see if he will pay the £400 hospital bill for Chunks's overnight stay.

sorry for you. we're about to lose one of our dogs. ok she's very old now (nearly 15) and the vet reckons it is best but i would still prefer it if she had a stroke in her sleep or something. I'm not really down with the "scheduled to die on wednesday" thing especially when they really are part of the family.

m.

Well the Police say there's nothing they can do. I can take out a private prosecution but that will just be long, costly and pointless. I've got his address etc so am popping round to see if he will pay the £400 hospital bill for Chunks's overnight stay.

Just read this and im sorry to hear the sad news! :(

Don't let him get away with it. Its bad enough that you've lost your Friend let alone the money incurred because of his reckless driving.

Its very disapointing that the police can't prosecute him themselves.

Really sorry to hear this, I lost one of mine under similar circumstances earlier in the year, my thoughts are with you, it's a horrible thing to go through :(

I'm lucky that I don't know who was driving the car, if I did I probably wouldn't have access to a computer to write this.

Sorry to hear your sad news, I have always been a dog person but me and the wife got "Scratch" the kitten last year and I think shes great. Let us know how you get on with the fucker in the Micra.