The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AUTo box help/info

flukey-lukey

Well, a week before Modball and it seems my autobox isn't up to the job :( Will go in a passat instead..

In 2nd gear when the 2nd turbo comes online the revs go round but doesn't pick up speed, then it hits the limiter and doesn't change up to 3rd until the revs drop back down. Normal driving (not using the 2nd turbo) is fine and I can build up speed.

So, my questions are;

1) What exactly is it thats causing this? torque convertor? the whole box itself?

2) How much would the box/torque convertor set me back?

3) Is it a job I can do myself if I have access to a 2 poster ramp?

4) What would it cost for EVERYTHING (just parts, if I can do it myself) to do a manual conversion :D ?

info: 1994 j-spec TT BPU with around 70k miles on the clock.

Any info/help/opinions appriciated :)

im sure theres a few spare auto box's from all he manual conversions being done mate you could get them swapped in time for modbal;)

I'd love to mate, but 6 days to find a box, collect it, find somewhere to do the work (or find someone willing to let me use their ramps) isn't going to happen :( Especially as I'm working mon-fri and was planning on setting of down to London on the saturday.

So, any auto to manu guys have a box lying around? Must be in good condition and working fine on your car when you replaced it?

I'd love to mate, but 6 days to find a box, collect it, find somewhere to do the work (or find someone willing to let me use their ramps) isn't going to happen :( Especially as I'm working mon-fri and was planning on setting of down to London on the saturday.

So, any auto to manu guys have a box lying around? Must be in good condition and working fine on your car when you replaced it?

its possible mate shame as I sold an auto box for 100 quid a few months ago. put a post in the wanted section ;)