The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mmmm Noble M400 is nice

JamieP

I dunno, sick of spending money on it now, new woman has nothing to do with anything, i dont know what im doing on that side of things either, wife left for few days and came back friday night asking to work things out, all a bit of a mess tbh.

I know feeling of being of sick of spending money, feels like an endless pit! The sad part is that I have only spent a fraction of what you have spent! :blink: Whathave I gotten myself into...

WOW! Cant live without you... :) Jokes aside, its a tough decision, GOOD LUCK!!

Hang on to it mate. With all the shit going on im not suprised your considering getting rid, just to get rid of the mechanical shit :)

Give it a few months and fingers crossed all will be sorted and you will be going through turbo's like oil filters again ;)

Jamie, I was in a similar situation to you earlier this year... I was thinking of selling the Supra and going for something a bit more focussed on track.

I have test drove a few Nobles. The GTO 3R is a cracking car but the M400 is just awesome. Only thing that put me off it was the lack of storage space with me going to the N'Ring each year.... you'd really need some sort of support car if you were travelling really long distance. And they only have a small tank ! But thats the price you pay for a focussed track car.

But they are well suited for 'A' roads and really show their money's worth on track so I'm lead to believe.

I do also suggest you trying out the Porsche GT3. They are also a very nice drive. Maybe don't have the straight line punch of a tuned Supra but they are in a 1st class league when it comes to braking, cornering and power delivery.

I have tried to keep up with a few well driven ones on the N'Ring and I noticed how light the front end was.... the turn in on them is fantastic and they have the grip to go round corners faster than my Supra... and I wasn't exactly hanging around either.

Also don't be too put off tight spaced interiors, it is surprising how quickly you'll get used to it.

If you're going to change car then it might aswell be a proper change.... ie. not going for another Jap GT as it will feel all too familiar and you'll wish you kept hold of your Supra.

A Porsche GT3 or a Noble M400 are well priced cars for their performance and you do good considering those.

p.s.

I decided to keep my Supra for another year or two ;)

But I did change my 2nd car from a GT-four to an EVO6 - so thats my budget used up for a good few months/years !

well there's my 2p worth :)

and you'll get a shedload of it back when you sell it. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of price difference now between the mk1 GT3s, GT2's and X50 TT.

What about importing a C6 Z06?

Yea very true regarding the prices.

Not keen on the Corvette

Furry Muff.

I'd have thought a Z06 was right up your street.

This is pricey and still has a way to fall:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/172276.htm

Perhaps pick the Pork forums brains regarding the X50 vs GT3 vs GT2 in regards to running costs, depreciation, living & tracking and tuning?

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=48