The mkiv Supra Owners Club

passports in Europe?

flukey-lukey

In a week I'll be doing the Modball rally around Europe, but my co-driver hasn't got his passport back yet (even though it was sent off ages ago) It seems they are messing him around :(

Someone mentioned to me that he might not need it because we're only in Europe?? The same dude also said that he knew someone who went to nurburgring and didn't need a passport?

Does anyone work in a passport office or similar thar can advise me? Thanks :)

You could almost get away with not having a passport to leave the UK...but he def wont get back in without!

Infact they have stepped up passport control because of terrorism etc! (really hot on passports last few times i been anywhere)

Best thing is get yaself down to the passport office in Petty France (In London) with the tickets for your travel(if its still there) or call them...!

You may have to sit there all day...but there is no way he will get back into the UK without a passport let alone leave without one im absolutely certain of this!

If theres a regional passport office up your way that would be easierbut its best (if he can) to go and pick it up or it could take weeks, they used to offer this service and i have done it a couple of times when ive lost my passport, did it once on the day i travelled and just made the ferry from Portsmouth...lol it was fun ! Good Luck!

Damn :(

I might tell him he'll doesn't need it, if we get out of the country without it thats good because we'll be able to do the rally and when we have to come back home he'll just have to stay there :D

He sent it off to Liverpool ages ago for the quick check thing, they sent it down to London for some reason. He's been ringing them at least 3 times a day to try and find out whats happening with it, but just gets passed around in circles. They've promised to call him back and sort it out a few times, but no call! WTF!

Apparently a 'manager' is going to call him on Monday to sort it out *sigh*

Damn :(

I might tell him he'll doesn't need it, if we get out of the country without it thats good because we'll be able to do the rally and when we have to come back home he'll just have to stay there :D

He sent it off to Liverpool ages ago for the quick check thing, they sent it down to London for some reason. He's been ringing them at least 3 times a day to try and find out whats happening with it, but just gets passed around in circles. They've promised to call him back and sort it out a few times, but no call! WTF!

Apparently a 'manager' is going to call him on Monday to sort it out *sigh*

I wouldn't trust the passport office as far as you can throw them. Don't leave it to chance Luke. Even if they post it out it will probably get lost. I would physically go to a passport office and get one there and then!

The only thing it will cost you is time. Oh and about £90.....:D

H.

I wouldn't trust the passport office as far as you can throw them. Don't leave it to chance Luke. Even if they post it out it will probably get lost. I would physically go to a passport office and get one there and then!

The only thing it will cost you is time. Oh and about £90.....:D

H.

If we go to the office in London (which is where they say his passport is now) or Liverpool can he still apply for it there and then? Even though he's already applied and been messed around? and imo he shouldn't have to pay again :blink: