The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision injectors leaking in the rail

johnd-mkiv

Had the car running today with the new lump in but the Precision injectors have been playing up had to remove the intake plenum to reseat them in the hks rail but no joy managed to double up the orings cured all but one im a little worried but it seems a few are running them with hks rails:confused: any one else had any probs or got any ideas

:search:

I know a few people who've had a really hard time getting the rail mounted. It needs to be sitting perfectly otherwise the injectors leak like a seive. I'd try messing around with the clamps (might need some adjustment).

You should be able to pressurise the fuel system with the intake removed (maybe ramp it up to 60psi or so) and see if you get leakage. It'll save having to remove the manifold each time.

Moved to tech for the right people to see ;)

I might be a million miles away, but im not sure HKS rails can fit Precision injectors UNLESS modified.

BL/PHR/etc rails can iirc, but not the HKS (which are designed for the JDM types of injector and not the 'Domestic' as its called in the states)

Feel free to shoot me down though ;)

I know a few people who've had a really hard time getting the rail mounted. It needs to be sitting perfectly otherwise the injectors leak like a seive. I'd try messing around with the clamps (might need some adjustment).

You should be able to pressurise the fuel system with the intake removed (maybe ramp it up to 60psi or so) and see if you get leakage. It'll save having to remove the manifold each time.

we tried this earlyer but not upping the pressure but after running it it began to weap, ill mention upping the fuel pressure tomor and trying again ;) thanks

I might be a million miles away, but im not sure HKS rails can fit Precision injectors UNLESS modified.

BL/PHR/etc rails can iirc, but not the HKS (which are designed for the JDM types of injector and not the 'Domestic' as its called in the states)

Feel free to shoot me down though ;)

would be interested to find more on this if true, but after doing a search on "Precision" it seems they are supplued with hks rails

would be interested to find more on this if true, but after doing a search on "Precision" it seems they are supplued with hks rails

IIRC john, HKS rails can be used but need to be modded to take Precision injectors (i think)

Im really not 100% on this though mate (in fact im suddenly feeling very unsure!)

Im just concerned that you had to use 2 o rings!

Is it around the rail that they are leaking, or around the plenum at the bottom?

IIRC john, HKS rails can be used but need to be modded to take Precision injectors (i think)

Im really not 100% on this though mate (in fact im suddenly feeling very unsure!)

Im just concerned that you had to use 2 o rings!

Is it around the rail that they are leaking, or around the plenum at the bottom?

injector to hks rail

Edit - too slow

Is it leaking from all or just one end of the rail?

So, the injectors are sitting fine, but the rail isn't. From hearing what others have had to say it can be caused by the rail not sitting perfectly inline with the injectors (perhaps slightly twisted)

Edit - too slow

Is it leaking from all or just one end of the rail?

So, the injectors are sitting fine, but the rail isn't. From hearing what others have had to say it can be caused by the rail not sitting perfectly inline with the injectors (perhaps slightly twisted)

Looking at the engine its the 5th injector weeping there was more but after reseating got it down to 1 now guess it seems a bit more messing around needed :(