The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stem Seal Replacment

DannoSupra

Just ordered the tool for removing valve springs with head in situe, so i can change those damn stem seals, i suppose it depends on the size of the Special Tool, would i need to remove all the turbo pipework and inlet manifold? or has anyone done this before on a supra? :search:

Also can someone get us a price on a set or best to get em off main dealer?

JAlso can someone get us a price on a set or best to get em off main dealer?

Hi Dan

How urgently do you need them? I can get them but would take a few weeks.

Part number are:

11122-16010

11122-74030

cheers

I've just ordered mine from MVP Motorsport in America, you get all the stem seals, Cam cover gaskets, Camshaft oil seals and the 2 hoses that go between the covers. All are O/E Toyota and delivered and I paid less than just the stem seals from Mr T in the UK even with a discount offered by Steve Manley.

With the exchange rate at present I paid £114 all in.

As for the question about the special tool needed to remove the valve springs it don't go anywhere never the turbo pipe work. The tool is only in contact with the valve retaining cap.;)

:)

I've just ordered mine from MVP Motorsport in America, you get all the stem seals, Cam cover gaskets, Camshaft oil seals and the 2 hoses that go between the covers. All are O/E Toyota and delivered and I paid less than just the stem seals from Mr T in the UK even with a discount offered by Steve Manley.

With the exchange rate at present I paid £114 all in.

As for the question about the special tool needed to remove the valve springs it don't go anywhere never the turbo pipe work. The tool is only in contact with the valve retaining cap.;)

Please pm me the company that you bought the stuff from;) :)

ooops i mean the parts and numbers and all that jazz..(sorry i've been drinking)

MVP Motorsport are in the traders section.

Go to there website and it lists all manner of cars down the left hand side.

Click Supra MKVI TT.

Look at the list in the centre of the page and click OEM & TRD Parts.

Scroll down to near end of page to find listing for replacement valve stem seal kit.

Hope you find this helps;)

Thats not the same tool as what i've ordered mate, the one i got is a bar that bolts down onto the cam cover thread and then you lever the cup over the valve spring, same pricnciple as the 'g' shaped ones you use after taking the head off

never seen or heard of one of those, the tool most people use to change the seals in situ fits over the top of the valve and you hit the tool with a hammer, as the valve spring compresses the collet are drawn up into the tool via a magnet inside the tool. Once the collet are removed the spring assy comes away to expose the old seal.

Have you got the special tool to remove the seal, you can't remove the old seal with long nose pliers because you'll damage the bore.

Do a search on the forum and you'll find a spet by step guide on how to replace the seals, the guide also gives you the part numbers for the special tool required.

If you have a better way I think the lads on the forum would love to know.

Thats not the same tool as what i've ordered mate, the one i got is a bar that bolts down onto the cam cover thread and then you lever the cup over the valve spring, same pricnciple as the 'g' shaped ones you use after taking the head off

Have you got a link to the tool you ordered? Sounds handy.