The mkiv Supra Owners Club

priceless pics

Al Massey

We could go round and round and round in circles over the argument about the circumstances surrounding that child's disappearence.

Whilst the kiddie is still missing, the focus of events should be on finding her.

I find it distasteful, that, the parents of this child, should seek an audience with the Pope, because the cynic in me, feels that they seek forgiveness from the Pope for leaving their children unattended, rather than prayers for the safe return of their child. It may sound harsh, but that's how I feel, and it may not be the case at all.

I can understand the nature of the discussion though about the media's apparent absolvement of condemnation of the parents for their gross error in judgement, their abhorrent negligence, for leaving three very young children unattended whilst they were " a few yards away" having a meal, and had done so on more than one occasion. That some people feel, that because they are middle class educated professionals that it's kind of ok to do so, and that, had they been non professionals, from a less educated background perhaps living in socially funded housing, that the media would have treated it differently? I expect so. No doubt its what everyone would expect.

The debate, will rage on, no doubt, long after whatever the outcome. But, she is still missing, and they will have to live with the consequences, for the rest of their lives.

Even now, the focus of the investigation, is beginning to blur, and lose impetus.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine until now loads of parents have left there kids sleeping in hotel rooms whilst they went to dinner, and these parents must feel terrible for it. As for the visit to the Pope, please like that’s going to help! I can imagine if she was found tonight they would be saying thank you God for her safe return. What about no thanks to God for her for being abducted in the first place.

Still the media coverage and money they have managed to attract on this is impressive but if Madeline walked down my road with a women/parent figure I still wouldn’t recognise her certainly not to the point of running out and calling the police so I’m not sure how effective its going to be?

i think youve got that the wrong way round as its just you that sympathises with the parents

compared with the rest of this forum and many other forums and what people generally think

Maybe I'm the only person who has contributed so far to this thread who has any sympathy, what about all of those who haven't made a post?

What about an unlocked one?

I've never heard anyone say it was unlocked.

Visiting the Pope will help increase publicity and that's what they need to do at the moment, I don't think they would achieve much sitting in their apartment back in Portugal!

right heres a conspiracy that hit me on the way home today.

the kid missing is actually in hiding at a known location. the parents see the pope and he blesses a few things then within a few days the kid is miraculously found and all this being down to the popes faith in god. this in turn giving non believers who have been caught up in the whole thing a reason to turn to god and putting faith (no pun intended) back in religion which has been heavily criticised of late.

although it could all lead to the government introducing 'tagging' and 'microchipping' kids to avoid them going missing.

all about creating a problem then coming up with a solution.

just you wait for the headlines;)

by the way im not religious but this whole case just doesnt make sense.

I would imagine until now loads of parents have left there kids sleeping in hotel rooms whilst they went to dinner

There probably are other crappy parents around that think its fine to leave their kid(s) whilst they go out, unfortunately this is probably true. But I would say the majority of parents would not leave there young ones alone whilst they go out. Forget about the chance of them being kidnapped, there are plenty of other good reasons not to leave a toddler and 2 babies alone, i.e. getting hold of things they shouldn't be playing with, playing with electrical switches, choking on something etc etc.

Maybe I'm the only person who has contributed so far to this thread who has any sympathy, what about all of those who haven't made a post?

Steady there, you are not the only one to have expressed sympathy in this thread. In fact most people have.

only one has thought about the parents,everyone wishes her to be found alive and well.

but the fact remains the parents are in the wrong and should not be allowed to get away with it

Yes, I really feel for them all .

They made one stupid mistake, none of us are perfect and they didn't deserve this to happen . They must be going through hell and if you don't even have a little sympathy for them then you're not normal.

The scumbag who took Madeleine is ultimately responsible and not the parents.

Yes, I really feel for them all .

They made one stupid mistake, none of us are perfect and they didn't deserve this to happen . They must be going through hell and if you don't even have a little sympathy for them then you're not normal.

The scumbag who took Madeleine is ultimately responsible and not the parents.

I am sorry Merckx but I find it really hard to feel sorry for people who don't help themselves. This poor girl is now paying the price for her parents mistake. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but when it comes to my kids I don't take any chances!! Maybe I'm over protective but I couldn't live with myself if I failed my child in this way!!

I think the parents may have fell for the culture of the estate where they were staying and felt perfectly safe. Who knows, if you feel so confident, maybe the mistake easier to make.

I would not wish this to happen to anybody and if anything this subject has changed a lot of people attitudes towards their kids safety. I hope that isn't the only good thing that comes out of all this......:(

H.

Mr Green has given them his private 12 seater jet to use. !

Hang on a minute whos been using my Private Jet without my permission:(

I cant believe with all the media attention, and support theres still no strong leads.

This must of been a well planned abduction...which could of even followed them there from their home town! so many possibilities and theories other than the obvious ones, if it was an obvious motivation surely there would be a solid lead..

I'm no Inspector Morse..but what about her ex's, his ex patients, has he been held responsible by someone for poor healthcare of someones child in his locality..just seems odd that there wasn't a spec of evidence...they are also saying they could of checked her cuddly toy for dna and failed to do this!

I wonder sometimes also if all this media attention has worked against them getting their little girl back rather than for them!

I really feel for them, more so for their little girl obviously and i find it hard to laugh at jokes regarding this..I so hope they find her alive and well..but we all know thats such a slim possibilty given the amount of time passed.

I would not wish this to happen to anybody and if anything this subject has changed a lot of people attitudes towards their kids safety. I hope that isn't the only good thing that comes out of all this......:(

H.

Its certainly making people think a lot more, thats for sure. Me and Vic are probably classed as over protective anyway, but now we are looking for those arm attachments so that our 3 year old can't go running off when we are in Rome in 2 weeks time. We are certainly more worried than we should be about going to a busy foreign city like Rome.

Im sure everything will be fine but you can't help but worry when you are reminded of the sh1tty things in this world like kidnappers :(

There probably are other crappy parents around that think its fine to leave their kid(s) whilst they go out, unfortunately this is probably true. But I would say the majority of parents would not leave there young ones alone whilst they go out. Forget about the chance of them being kidnapped, there are plenty of other good reasons not to leave a toddler and 2 babies alone, i.e. getting hold of things they shouldn't be playing with, playing with electrical switches, choking on something etc etc.

Exactly right sir. Loads of kids are injured in the home. That's why parents fit the kiddy locks, plug inserts etc, etc. Used to be adverts all over the tele for this. This is why no sensible parent would leave their kids unattended in the first place.

Hope she's still found though time is flying by.:(

I think the parents may have fell for the culture of the estate where they were staying and felt perfectly safe. Who knows, if you feel so confident, maybe the mistake easier to make.

H.

I agree,they shouldn't have been left alone, far too young for that.

It's the last thing you expect to happen though.

if me driving dangerously ended up with someone dead id be feeling the same guilt as madelianes parents but id still be prosecauted. those who say the parents have gone through enough are missing the point. the point being that it was down to their actions,illegal as far as i know, that caused all of this.

Punishing them now wouldn't achieve anything .

I don't really understand that. There are a couple of people in my house at the moment that I'd happily murder. If I did - punishing me wouldn't bring them back. But surely that's not the point?

Cool. I'll be offline for a few minutes - I'm off to kill the annoying gits. Back soon. :innocent:

Not exactly a fair comparison though. :eyebrows:

They would look at the case considering all the circumstances and the existing situation and not just the fact the kids were left at home alone.

Not exactly a fair comparison though. :eyebrows:

They would look at the case considering all the circumstances and the existing situation and not just the fact the kids were left at home alone.

Oops. Bit late now.

Anybody know how to bring two dead french people back to life?