The mkiv Supra Owners Club

priceless pics

Al Massey

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know you're not stupid Michael so I can only hope that you started your initial response and then read it back to yourself and realised how selfish it would sound.

Of course it's a selfish opinion, I wouldn't argue with that, I'd still be pretty hacked off though. If you are trying to suggest that I feel some kind of guilt for my original reply though you are wrong, I stand by what I've said. My earlier draft replies were just a little too "wordy" and I got bored, I thought I'd go for the "flipmode" reply first and see where that got me, you aren't playing.

I'm not saying I want the kid hanging from a tree or found in a ditch in advance so I can enjoy my holiday, I'm just saying that the knock-on effects of the stupid parents reach further than you initially think. A spoilt holiday is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things but when it's spoilt through no fault of your own it's got to be annoying, even if you are too scared to admit it for fear of seeming cold-hearted.

I'd be annoyed if I'd booked a holiday only to find a giant inflatable sign on the beach and posters everywhere.

Why would this annoy you?

Why wouldn't it?

How many times did you re-write that response?

3 times

Well I know you're not stupid Michael so I can only hope that you started your initial response and then read it back to yourself and realised how selfish it would sound.

Of course it's a selfish opinion, I wouldn't argue with that, I'd still be pretty hacked off though. If you are trying to suggest that I feel some kind of guilt for my original reply though you are wrong, I stand by what I've said. My earlier draft replies were just a little too "wordy" and I got bored, I thought I'd go for the "flipmode" reply first and see where that got me, you aren't playing.

I'm not saying I want the kid hanging from a tree or found in a ditch in advance so I can enjoy my holiday, I'm just saying that the knock-on effects of the stupid parents reach further than you initially think. A spoilt holiday is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things but when it's spoilt through no fault of your own it's got to be annoying, even if you are too scared to admit it for fear of seeming cold-hearted.

Stop skirting around the issue FFS. It's obvious.

It would spoil the view :D

I'm sure they would swap an "extra months holiday" for getting their daughter back though

I recon they should swap their other two kids for a holiday behind bars for leaving the kids alone.

I truly hope the girl is found alive and well, but half of me thinks if shes alive, well and being looked after, shes probably better off than she was!

I was expecting another flipmode response from you there Michael :)

To some level I agree. Yeh it would annoy me that two moronic people, who thought it acceptable to leave 3 children under the age of 4 on their own, were now actually effecting my life......

but the fact is...it's all about finding a 4 year old girl who has done nothing wrong (unlike her parents). If she is still alive, I can't begin to imagine how frightened she must be, being taken away from everything she has ever known.

The posters are there to help find HER...not make the parents feel better and if that means upsetting a few people on their holidays, so be it.

I recon they should swap their other two kids for a holiday behind bars for leaving the kids alone.
Five times they did it too. So 5x the sentence.

watch the shit hit the fan if they , god forbid find her dead .
Hit the fan? What do you mean?

watch the shit hit the fan if they , god forbid find her dead .

what i meant jake , is if she is found dead then the target will be the parents for what they have done by leaving her , as mentioned a few times already

Shit hit the fan?? I would hope that the knives were out already!! I can understand the outpouring of sympathy initially for the family. But now that the facts have been estab lished I can't believe that anyone has any sympathy now!!:rolleyes:

I am yet to meet anyone who thinks what they did was acceptable..............:(

I have kids and would expect to be strung up if I had done the same!!

H.

agree , we were unfortunate that we couldnt have children ,

Sorry to hear that Peter!! It makes the situation even worse when you think about people who have kids and neglect them, there are so many people who would love to have kids but can't....:(

I really hope this kid is ok!

H.

It's very easy to criticise the parents after the event.

The odds of a child being abducted from from a locked apartment will be astronomical .

It wouldn't even cross your mind at all that this could happen.

Those who don't have any sympathy are fortunately in a very small minority!

It's very easy to criticise the parents after the event.

No actually, my level of common sense would tell me that it wasn't a good idea. Maybe I read to many newspapers where kids are killed or abducted as a result of stupidity!!

The odds of a child being abducted from from a locked apartment will be astronomical

It wouldn't even cross your mind at all that this could happen.

Granted! The odds are good but cost is way too high to gamble. Do you have kids Merckx?

I have sympathy for any parent who has a child taken form them in any shape or form. I only have sympathy for Madeleine in this case as she is the innocent one.

H.

i think youve got that the wrong way round as its just you that sympathises with the parents

compared with the rest of this forum and many other forums and what people generally think