The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im Dreaming of a Corvette C6

Green Peace

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, but it had a different plate on it. Could still have been the same car though I guess. I'll have to ask....

I'm pretty sure David's doesn't have Ligenfelter badges. I've seen his car up close, it's tiny. It looks smaller than the Supra but I haven't looked up the measurements.

I still don't know about the C6, at the mo I can't afford it, but I don't want to be stuck with a LHD car when the C7 comes out.

The March 2006 C6's still only pay £150 tax though.

Right - there are at least two black Lingenfelter C6's in the UK.

The one in Evo magazine is owned by David Yu.

The one pictured above that I photographed at Silverstone is owned by a guy I only know by his user name on Pistonheads and the Corvette Forum as EriktheVetKing. The car runs 620bhp.

Mystery solved.

hey lol

i like a lot of american cars,vipers and trucks.went to pod last weekend with all the pro yank cars running 5 6 and 7`s

was unreal and the sound is amazing.

twin turbo corvette with wild cams

;)

Mark stop carjacking the thread with Mustangs:d :p

Nice though....love the kit on the GT500 thanks for sharing:cool:

Well just been reading up somewhere that they are launching a new engine for the C6 in 'twothousandeight' lol, is that the same as Two thousand-'and'-eight? Taking the 'and' away makes time go too quickly in my opinion.

LS3 will give an extra 36 bhp i think and gets launched early next year...but i'm told by my Yank car nut mate Derek theres a few things you can do to hike the output for not much money...

I'm spose to be taking it out today for a spin and what great weather for it...if i actuually get to drive it i'll report back and tell ya what i think 'not that it will be useful lol' and no-doubt i wont be allowed to drive it that far...but be worth checking out i'm sure!

Si

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I just saw a 1972 Covette Stingray. Red, chrome bumpers convertible. Beauty. I had to follow it and as luck would have it he stopped at our local Spar so I got out to have a chat.

He's owned it for 11 years. It was a beaut and the only vette I'd consider.

I just saw a 1972 Covette Stingray. Red, chrome bumpers convertible. Beauty. I had to follow it and as luck would have it he stopped at our local Spar so I got out to have a chat.

He's owned it for 11 years. It was a beaut and the only vette I'd consider.

I tell you what Pete - great minds are alike :D

Pete - I rebuilt a 74 convertible in High School with my neighbor. Car was amazing. Still, the 63-67 years are my favorites.

Cool. Any pics?

I'd love one as a 4th or 5th car. :D

I tell you what Pete - great minds are alike :D

;)

Nice, but no chrome bumpers. They stopped those in '72 and they make a massive difference.

Well today.....I drove a C6 and............

....I'll tell you all about it tommorow...coz im knackered :D

If I was going for an american motor it would be something like this.

http://www.zen85016.zen.co.uk/gallery/odds/FordMustang.jpg

I just got back from Vegas, and quite a few of these out there, loved the look them, look huge as well.......

I dont know shit about American cars so I'll just keep quiet and sit back and admire the looks, they do look like nothing else we get over here.......

No pics, sorry Pete. I lost almost everything during a burglary in 1999.

Nightmare! :(

That's the worst thing about theft. It's not the expensive stuff that's a big problem - it's all the little irreplaceable memories.

Yeah man. I was actually in Kings Lynn when I found out. I was on my way to Turkey and we were stopping over night at Mildenhall AB in Suffolk. I was pissed in a pub when I got the message to call my roommate back in Oklahoma. Three guys came in through a window in the middle of the night and caught him asleep in his bed. Beat the sh*t out of him and stuck a gun in his mouth demanding the ATM pin. Took my turbo'd civic out and brought back a moving truck. Cleaned out our house. I lost everything. They even took everything that was in the Freezer! F*@#kers.

Three guys came in through a window in the middle of the night and caught him asleep in his bed. Beat the sh*t out of him and stuck a gun in his mouth demanding the ATM pin. Took my turbo'd civic out and brought back a moving truck. Cleaned out our house. I lost everything. They even took everything that was in the Freezer! F*@#kers.[/QUOTe]

Holy cow! That's really bad. Cheeky b@stards coming back with a truck?! I surprised they didn't just take the freezer.

It's sometimes almost unbelievable what goes on.

Sounds like it was a good job you weren't there though.

Yeah man. I was actually in Kings Lynn when I found out. I was on my way to Turkey with and we were stopping over night at Mildenhall AB in Suffolk. I was pissed in a pub when I got the message to call my roommate back in Oklahoma. Three guys came in through a window in the middle of the night and caught him asleep in his bed. Beat the sh*t out of him and stuck a gun in his mouth demanding the ATM pin. Took my turbo'd civic out and brought back a moving truck. Cleaned out our house. I lost everything. They even took everything that was in the Freezer! F*@#kers.

Blooming heck...:blink:

Sorry to hear that:rolleyes:

Yeah man. I was actually in Kings Lynn when I found out. I was on my way to Turkey with and we were stopping over night at Mildenhall AB in Suffolk. I was pissed in a pub when I got the message to call my roommate back in Oklahoma. Three guys came in through a window in the middle of the night and caught him asleep in his bed. Beat the sh*t out of him and stuck a gun in his mouth demanding the ATM pin. Took my turbo'd civic out and brought back a moving truck. Cleaned out our house. I lost everything. They even took everything that was in the Freezer! F*@#kers.

With english judging system and law I would expect it here soon. They will just change gun to knife :p

Right ok..I better tell you about this C6 i drove last Saturday.

Hidden amongst a sea of Volvos (I said Volvos !!! it wasn't one of those artworks involving hundreds of naked people:p )..was a Caddy/Chevy dealership.

After a brief few questions from a very welcoming sales team (i turned up wearing filthy Lonsdale trainers and a McKenzie T shirt.) I was handed the keys....actually i wasn't handed the keys. infact i never even saw a set of keys during the whole test drive.

I just pushed a button and instead of a roar of a lion being woken up by a tourist in Tsalvo East wearing Lonsdale trainers and a Mckenzie T Shirt...i heared the purr of a cat..yep it aint quite loud enough on tickover..but that can be sorted obviously;)

Handbrake off in auto mode and off we go, kept wanting to vear to the right, but got used to driving by the pavement and watching the appreciative smiles of half dressed people...all tits n ass coz it was a hot day. Meanwhile back in the Corvette we approached the sliproad to the motorway, and put my foot right down as far as i could...and wow...fcuk me...lots of laughter, salesman hanging onto his silk tie for dear life....this Corvette suddenly turned into a ferocious lion, our prey for the day was a Saab Turbo in the distance...This car had claws, no movement from the back end (though a few bowel movements from the salesman:d )

I started to get used to the paddle shifts in Sports mode and things took off from there, Dismiss the bad reports of agressive jolts in full auto, it is no worse than a 4 speed auto in a Supra...the paddle shift worked really well but would of liked a chance to get more used to it...but it did what you wanted ...kicked down changed up instantly.

After gobbling up the Saab, we looked for other prey..I was having far too much fun and because the roof was off i couldn't hear the Sales patter from the Salesguy..'Sorry can't hear you, did you say you wanted to go faster????' :p

After we landed....he took over and i had a chance to check out the onboard sat nav with DVD player. Womans voice in English sounded like Annie Nightingale after 6 weeks at Rehab!...and lots of other related buttons!

Amongst all the gadgets was a Heads up Display, which was great and prob looks even better at night, but the housing tends to reflect on the windscreen when the roofs off and would annoy me a bit... the other stupid thing i found was the electric power seats...great it goes up it goes down it goes back and forth but dosn't recline..so i was shocked to find a real flimsy handle down the side of the seat that felt like the arm of a very cheap pair of sunglasses...but not the end of the world i spose, just bit daft considering all the work thats gone into this car.

All European spec C6's are fitted with Z51 suspension as standard I'm told, and to be honest it felt quite smooth and you could almost fall asleep, then you hit a pothole and theres a slight Earthqauke that runs up the back of your spine but only slightly and i found all the reports of the suspension being terrrible or whatever are grossly overexaggerated, its smoother than running on Bilsteins and felt far more controlled on the corners, plus of course weight wise this car is supposed to be 51/49 distribution so I'm 'guessing' it aint far off having the composure of midengined car.

Yes it is slightly less involving than a Supra but only very slightly...but i guess if i drove it for a few hundred miles i'd feel more connected to it like any car...bear in mind i got out of a bouncy comfortable 4x4 and drove this..so there goes anybad news on the suspension.

The Bose Stereo is amazing I'm told it adjusts its volume to the noise level of the car..maybe it even has noise cancelling technology but not sure..but it was incredible and extremely loud and responsive at all frequencies...some great bass, and all this was with the roof off.

I didn't get to put the roof on so couldn't cast my ear on the suggestion that the road noise was intrusive...who cares it goes fast, it handles, it will pull women, men and small fury animals....Im hooked...now i need to find £39,990 (s/h ex demo)

Its now my dream car....for under £50k Yeah the ZO6 is better im sure...but i want this one;)

Next year they are launching a new engine for this the LS3 which as far as im aware adds an extra 36bhp...but not sure i'll be able to wait for that.!!!!!

Edit forgot to mention the tyres are £235 each for the runflat 285/19's on the rear and about £215 for the 245/18's on the front...lights come on by themselves if it gets dark...and it has an auto diming mirror with a digital compass, its one of those cars you'll keep finding hidden surprises