The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra owner from Nashville, Tennessee

Guest MikeNSX

Guest MikeNSX
The internet is bursting at the seams with pics of nice cars and I don't see why our supra forum should be polluted with more of them.

Hogmaw... in post #6 of this thread, Homer, who it seems is a Super Moderator of this site (which you aren't), asked me to post a few pictures of my classics, which I did.

As you can see, I'm a new member here. I mentioned that I just bought a '95 Supra and I posted a few pictures of it, along with a picture of my NSX. I thought most people here might want to see the NSX as well, since both the Supra and the NSX seem to be considered the two greatest Japanese cars ever built.

I casually mentioned that I had a few other cars (older classics), and was asked to post a picture of two of them.

If you don't consider this appropriate, I'll gladly take those pictures down right now. It seems, however, that most here have appreciated me putting up a few pictures of my other (non-Supra) cars, and they (unlike you) seem to be true car enthusaists like I am, who actually appreciate that there are other great cars made in the world that are not just built by Toyota and are named Supras.

Guest andyj22
Hogmaw... in post #6 of this thread, Homer, who it seems is a Super Moderator of this site (which you aren't), asked me to post a few pictures of my classics, which I did.

As you can see, I'm a new member here. I mentioned that I just bought a '95 Supra and I posted a few pictures of it, along with a picture of my NSX. I thought most people here might want to see the NSX as well, since both the Supra and the NSX seem to be considered the two greatest Japanese cars ever built.

I casually mentioned that I had a few other cars (older classics), and was asked to post a picture of two of them.

If you don't consider this appropriate, I'll gladly take those pictures down right now. It seems, however, that most here have appreciated me putting up a few pictures of my other (non-Supra) cars, and they (unlike you) seem to be true car enthusaists like I am, who actually appreciate that there are other great cars made in the world that are not just built by Toyota and are named Supras.

lovely cars there and really nice to see your collection :welcome:

No idiot mate, where did you get that idea from? I'm just someone who doesn't suck up to some bloke just cos he has some shiny cars. The internet is bursting at the seams with pics of nice cars and I don't see why our supra forum should be polluted with more of them.

I'm very surprised and saddened by your posts in this thread Hogmaw :( I really don't see anyone "sucking up" here. Mike has some rare classic cars and I for one was very interested in seeing some pics

This IS a Supra forum, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss other cars! Many, if not most, members are car enthusiasts, not just Supra enthusiasts. It'd be a very boring place if that’s all we ever discussed.

If you don't consider this appropriate, I'll gladly take those pictures down right now. It seems, however, that most here have appreciated me putting up a few pictures of my other (non-Supra) cars, and they (unlike you) seem to be true car enthusiasts like I am, who actually appreciate that there are other great cars made in the world that are not just built by Toyota and are named Supras.

Mike, let me pass on my apologies for the negative replies received and I hope you don't think these are the views of the majority here - I can assure you they are not! I hope this doesn't put you off from returning to the forum. Most of us Brits don't appreciate the history and rarity of your cars, we just don't see them over here... I see one every 3-4 months at best!

You son is one very lucky lad to be getting such a nice car as a grad gift. That’s some real motivation to get good grades :D

PS: Love the Chevelle's, they are stunning. I'm not really a fan of the Lemans/GTO (just looks really), but can fully appreciate the work you've put into it, congrats :)

Mike, awesome cars... would like to some pics of the interior of the nsx if you have some...

also, you may want to figure out how the garage works, you can upload pics and set up galleries for the different cars you have. May have to be a fully paid up member. Hopefully you decide to stick around... a lot of us are very much car enthusiasts first and foremost. :D

Guest MikeNSX
Welcome! Can you give me some feedback on the NSX (how it drives, performance etc.)?

I bought the NSX back in '96 from the original owner, whcn it had 14,000 miles on it.

I've owned a lot of cars the past 20 years I've been married, and will say that the NSX has been my favorite of them all, and that lot I've owned includes a '03 RT/10 Viper and a '96 Viper GTS, a '98 Porsche C2S, several Panteras, an S2000, an '02 Boxster S, etc.

Performance wise, the NSX is not that superior to any of the cars I've mentioned, but as a whole, from the standpoint of handling, acceleration, etc. it's a great car. I also like it because not too many people here in Nashville have them (I think there may be 3 to 4 other NSX's in town), so I like to scarcity of not seeing another car like mine all that often.

At least here in the US, NSX's are scarce. Only about 10,000 were imported from '91 to production end in '05. In relation, only about 11,000 Supras were imported from '93 to '98, so I hope the resale will be very good on both cars in the future. My 18 year old son absolutely loves my NSX, but you should have seen how many of his friends came over to see my Supra after I bought it 3 weeks ago. You would have thought Jessica Alba was at my house by the number of young kids visiting just to see the car. The NSX may have well just been invisible in their eyes.

Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback mate. I've always fancied an NSX but it would mean the Supra would have to go :(

Must admit, I have also always fancied a NSX, but the prices are still rather high...

How capable are they, once tuned? What sort of power can you get from mid level tuning?

Just my opinion lads. Personally I don't care for American cars much, and I thought some of the 'bring it on' type comments were a bit sycophantic, especially when directed at a guy who is new and will probably discover Supraforums soon and we will never hear of again. I know I am in the minority on this one, but I don't need to call anyone an 'idiot' to get my point across.

Guest MikeNSX
Just my opinion lads. Personally I don't care for American cars much, and I thought some of the 'bring it on' type comments were a bit sycophantic, especially when directed at a guy who is new and will probably discover Supraforums soon and we will never hear of again. I know I am in the minority on this one, but I don't need to call anyone an 'idiot' to get my point across.

I'm already a member of the Supraforums, and do plan on frequenting this Board as well as that one.

I never called you an idiot, nor do I think you are, but please understand my "caring" for American classics, as I grew up on old Corvettes, Shelbys, Chargers, etc. when I was young. My first car back in '74 was a '56 T-Bird I bought for $1200, and my second was a '68 Charger RT with a pistol grip 4 speed that I bought for $600. Those were the good old days... :)

Mate it would be great if you did frequent this board! American members rarely post here, from what I have seen they almost all congregate on Supraforums. I reckon 90% of posts here are from UK based members, and 90% of Supraforums posts are from USA members.

I just ask that we talk more about Supras, that's all :D