The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo timer with a clifford

johnd-mkiv

Anyone who sells/fits clifford alarms should be able to provide you with one, but confirm with them beforehand that your model of clifford does support this addon.

Im not sure if its something you'll be able to fit, or if they (clifford installer) insist on fitting it for you.

You may also need a new remote fob, again depends on the model of clifford you have.

I dont think you can run a 3rd party turbo timer with a clifford alarm.

A decent clifford-dealer can get it to work without any problem!

I have a clifford 600 with a Blitz turbotimer. Th Blitz unit has loads of gadgets (turbo-pressure/different time settings/recording), but you probably won't use them.

As the Blitz would add an other item to youre dash, I would go for the Clifford turbotimer option. I already have to much going on on the dash :rolleyes:

its not a turbo timer as such from clifford

the installer will add 2 4 pin relays and just wire them to a aux from the alarm as the trigger, all what it does is keep the ign feed to the engine to keep it running for however many seconds, its not a turbo timer "box" as such, just 2 relays

Mine runs a Clifford 650 and I have a Blitz Turbo Timer, they work in harmony together, no probs at all.

I didn't want to use the clifford function as it is a set time only, my turbo timer configures the length of time to run, dependent upon the abuse I have given the car.

I was told this by the clifford dealer too thats why i went for the after market unit, ill pop down to them and see if they can over ride it as it sounds possible

FYI, the clifford 'turbo timer' runs for 2 minutes (well, mine does anyhow), though Im sure the dealer said it could be altered, but as mentioned some 3rd party turbo timers will auto-adjust the running time depending on engine temp...whereas the clifford will just run for x amount of time regardless.

I've never found this a problem personally as I always ensure Im not giving it death upto the point of parking the car up, so 2 minutes is plenty as far as Im concerned.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chumpalot

sorry to bring up an old (ish) thread, thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I have a Greddy Turbo Timer and have it set on a minute cool-down. I can't enable the alarm until the car has shut down and wondered if it would be ok to lock the car manually? That way I could just walk off and not have to hang around.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

So guys, after all the posts, is it actualy possible for the alarm to arm properly (as if u'd pressed the button) by itself after the timer has counted down as apposed to passive imobilser arming ?

I was told by Gap it wasn't as I wanted this feature, and even if it was it would void the Cat 1 class.

Has this changed or certain models been developed to do this or was he just plain wrong ??? I would most certainly be interested in one - especially with Intel start. There's nothing worse than waiting for it to cool down before leaving or having to come back to arm it. Seems senceless as the anti theft wire to the handbrake does the first part for you.