The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo Kit

Guest supraaero

Guest supraaero

I originally was going to buy a tt but i also wanted an aero top & as you know a tt aero is quite a bit of cash so i managed to find a black grade 4 with b/b interior & get it over here for £4500, i was looking at turbo kits at the same time & have found the boost logic kit stage 2 for £2700 from the states + shipping on top, the cheapest i've found that kit in this country is £4000 & i think you'll agree thats a bit steep! If i can get the whole kit over here with shipping for £3000 then myself & my mechanic (fitting it for beer) will fit it over a weekend & i've got a 500bhp aero top for £7500 which i think is quite cheap? Any other opinions on this would be much apreciated.

Iam starting a N/A -T install in july, i can supply a full kit inc install and mapping for £4500. this exclude a clutch / or uprated gearbox. this will be using a GT4082 Turbo.

That would be a nice setup, just out of interest... what manifold would you use for the GT4082? Would this setup only be available for VVTI motors? Im having to use a flange adaptor on my manifold to clear the distributor on mine :(

im also interested in an N/A T conversion. I was looking at kits from the states also and found many at about the $4000 mark, but was told that it would need many other parts in addition to the kit + fitting charges which would make it too expensive, and the advice was to sell the N/A and but a TT. To be honest i would like something a bit different so would prefer the N/A T route if the price is right. I was looking at the turbotechnics kits which came with the following :-

T04E-60 Turbonetics Turbo

Thermocoated Cast-Steel Turbo Manifold

Thermocoated 3" Mandrel-Bent Downpipe

Turbonetics Evolution 35mm Wastegate

Spearco W.A.V.E Front-Mount Intercooler

MF2 ERL 3D Map Injector Controller

440cc Lucas Fuel Injectors (2)

Turbonetics Raptor Bypass Valve (BOV)

3 Bar Map Sensor

K&N Air Filter

(1) Case TS-1 Synthetic Turbo Oil

Install Instructions & Wiring Diagrams

All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

im not technically minded so would need to get it installed at a garage, but it seems to me like this kit has all that required bar the instal and mapping. How much would it cost to get a kit like this installed ? and would i need any extra parts ? Looking at the £4.5K fully fitted price earlier on the thread im sure that it will end up coming to more than that, as £4.5K does seem a good price.

Advice please

Guest supraaero

look on http://www.suprastore.com, the boost logic kits on there come with everything you will need to convert your supra to a big single turbo, everything is bolt on & comes with fitting instructions so i'm sure you could find a garage or friends that would help you fit it.:D

There is 2 things that concern me with this kit :

1: MF2 ERL 3D Map Injector Controller - they use this to controll the injectors !!!! ahahhaha, this will control fuel but very crude.

2:440cc Lucas Fuel Injectors (2)- i would use 650cc power enterpise, why , these injectors will be running at about 85% duty cycle , i rather run 50-65% then risk failure , plus they are the same price .

Yes it does mean 2 units, they would spray the intake with fuel ...bad move ......why not just use 6 new injectors ?....

My single had this additional 2 injector set up when I brought it, it ran ok and made good numbers, however it is crude and you have very little control even with a HKS additional injector controller, I think I am right in saying the fueling is not consistent across the 6 cylinders as it is sprayed into the intake, this may mean that some cylinders are rich some are starved;)

My single had this additional 2 injector set up when I brought it, it ran ok and made good numbers, however it is crude and you have very little control even with a HKS additional injector controller, I think I am right in saying the fueling is not consistent across the 6 cylinders as it is sprayed into the intake, this may mean that some cylinders are rich some are starved.

yes you are right.....