Pics of my new 911 Turbo

jevansio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for all the kind words :)

Had a bit more time in it this evening. To drive the car is superb, it's an auto (as you can prolly tell from the interior shot), so some 911 purists probably think the car has lost some of it's edge without the manual box, but I love the transmission, it is silky smooth, it's pretty intelligent (like if you ease off the throttle whilst cornering it doesn't up-shift immediately as it knows you might just be feathering the throttle).

The car feels soooo stable on the road, chucking it road b-roads it just loves it, it's a case of point & go. I don't think I've even made it break a sweat yet, but then again I'm not used to 4wd cars, always been a rwd guy so have learnt to treat all cars with respect through twisties.

Really nice motor fella. If I ever sell the supe it will be a sensible 911 turbo or something stupid like a old US car :D

How long until someone on here beats you with their Sup?...

Judging by the only track day I've been on, not long :D The GT2 is a bit of a problem though :innocent:

Whatever car you have...there's always a bigger fish. A porker is totally different.

Not out of our league though is it?...

(Edit : I'm not dissing the Porker, I do like them a lot, but it's got to be something some of our cars can compete with!!)

Cheers for all the kind words :)

Had a bit more time in it this evening. To drive the car is superb, it's an auto (as you can prolly tell from the interior shot), so some 911 purists probably think the car has lost some of it's edge without the manual box, but I love the transmission, it is silky smooth, it's pretty intelligent (like if you ease off the throttle whilst cornering it doesn't up-shift immediately as it knows you might just be feathering the throttle).

The car feels soooo stable on the road, chucking it road b-roads it just loves it, it's a case of point & go. I don't think I've even made it break a sweat yet, but then again I'm not used to 4wd cars, always been a rwd guy so have learnt to treat all cars with respect through twisties.

You won't lose rwd characteristics totally with this mate, the transmission will start off with rear wheel bias with only 5% engine power to the front via a viscous coupling, this increases to around 35% to front under normal driving conditions and max of 40% to front in extreme situations.

Are you driving with the PSM switched off yet?;)

Not out of our league though is it?...

(Edit : I'm not dissing the Porker, I do like them a lot, but it's got to be something some of our cars can compete with!!)

3.6l twin turbo, 420bhp/560Nm of torque available through a large chunk of the rev range is nothing to be sniffed at though and thats stock. I've driven one with hybrids and sports cats+exhaust, ECU remap running 1.2bar boost, was manual though and seriously went like stink.

Auto/Tiptronic's not such a bad thing though, very intelligent. Considering the Supras age the Auto's on Supes stands up pretty well......... could do with that extra gear though.

That's lovely. I'd like one myself when I grow up.

I find the Porsche range a bit confusing. Your car is better than the Carrera models right? you must be near the top of the range.

Carrera2's start of the range followed by C4's, with turbo's at the more expensive end of the range, the turbo cabriolet and turbo S just a little more expensive (well you could probly pick up a decent enough Supe TT and have change with the difference :) )

The GT2 tops of the range (bit of a handful and not as easy to drive as the turbo)

Think the GT3 just below the turbo price wise, NA with less power than the turbo but a fantastic drive especially my fave the GT3 RS.:p

Lovely bit of kit you have there,love porkers.

That's lovely. I'd like one myself when I grow up.

I find the Porsche range a bit confusing. Your car is better than the Carrera models right? you must be near the top of the range.

As for the range think it goes something like this, if not sure i will be corrected.

Carrera

Carrera4

Turbo

TurboS

GT2

GT3

3.6l twin turbo, 420bhp/560Nm of torque available through a large chunk of the rev range is nothing to be sniffed at though and thats stock. I've driven one with hybrids and sports cats+exhaust, ECU remap running 1.2bar boost, was manual though and seriously went like stink.

Auto/Tiptronic's not such a bad thing though, very intelligent. Considering the Supras age the Auto's on Supes stands up pretty well......... could do with that extra gear though.

I'm not sniffing at it, I'd love to have one!... I do like that car (as I think I said above!!), it'd just be great to see a Sup racing/beating/whatever one!...

I'm not sniffing at it, I'd love to have one!... I do like that car (as I think I said above!!), it'd just be great to see a Sup racing/beating/whatever one!...

I'm sure quite a few Supes on the forum could give one a good run for its money if not leave one for dust, just in stock form they still take some beating.:)

Another thing that is guess overlooked is how much one would set you back compared to the Supra, so in comparison the Supra is one hell of a lot of car for the money.

:thumbs:

Actually the GT2 may be above the GT3, but slightly less of a drivers car.

GT2 (bout £110,000 new) i would say is more of a drivers car, cos you need to be one hell of a driver to cope. With all the power of the turbo model, but to the rear wheels and lightweight too. Pretty much a turbo'd GT3.

Costwise GT3's (bout £73,000 new) a little cheaper than Jevansio's turbo just under the £90,000 mark new!

Looks very nice, I have only ever driven a Porsche Boxster S and found it quite small inside, I'm only six foot, are these bigger:)

The back seats are tiny, even more so than the Supe, front is pretty normal, I'm 5'8" and it feels comfortable, the way the car feels on the road though does give you a sense of it being smaller than it really is.

Not driving with the PSM off yet Stevie :D

Totally understand where you're coming from Pot, there's a buzz about beating a car which cost more, I used to love doing it in my old MR2's (beat a Porka convertible which prolly cost x 10 what I payed, maybe more :D).

That's why I keeping the Supe though, it's such a great car in terms of looks/power/tuning potential. If I do ever get beat I'll be making a mental note of the car, & bringing the black beast out to hunt it down :eyebrows:

As for videos of Supe vs 911, I think me & Michel are already trying to sort something out, add to that his brothers 4.5 Cerb for some great video action :D

Thanks for all the kind words though chaps.