The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unfinished Single Project

paul_y3k

sorry for the lack of response everyone.

My internet access is nominal at best at the moment, so Im having to come up to my parent house to check things, and I've got a flood of PM's to reply to, so If I've not replied then Im sorry.

OK at the moment Jody has been having a look and trying to determine the damage. It doesn't seem to be as bad as first thought and that will obvilsy have some bearing on what I choose to do.

Sooo I think for the moment, it's best i withdraw the car - and will repost when I know whats what ?

Once again, thanks for the interest and the pm's offering support. Massive thanks to Jody too.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

as Jody says the car is fixed and running again. Jody has done a top job and never gave up with the diagnostics and to my mind certinaly went the extra few miles the issue in the end was that the coolant from the heater matrix soaked the ECU's in muck and rubbish and in the end Jody took them out disasembled them to give them a clean up anf rebuild the contacts etc.

i've now done over 150 miles since picking it up last night and no sign of the misfire ad the car feels fine.

as to what I'm going to do with the car .... Im still in two minds.

many thanks for all the interest though

paul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.