The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What scares you?

michael

Nervous of things like spiders, that type of rubbish, but actual fear... death is the only thing I suppose.

This is an interesting one, why are people scared of death? It is something that WILL happen, it is inevitable, in the words of Oscar Wilde - 'I'm not afraid of dying, just don't want to be there'.

Spiders...oh yes... had some big bastards drop on me in Africa and never shook the fear.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting one, why are people scared of death?

Lack of understanding? I mean, how can there not be a tomorrow at some point? No-one knows. I just can't comprehend how one day I wont' know anythign anymore, but that it won't matter, but it still kinda does? That's the problem, I can't rationalise and understand it. Therefore I fear it. Plus there's no avoiding it, I don't like decisions that aren't mine.

This is an interesting one, why are people scared of death? It is something that WILL happen, it is inevitable, in the words of Oscar Wilde - 'I'm not afraid of dying, just don't want to be there'.

Spiders...oh yes... had some big bastards drop on me in Africa and never shook the fear.

I think people are scared of death because they spend their lives being relatively good and abiding the letter of the law only to find out that there is no afterlife.......If you knew for sure that nothing came next think of the fun you could have!:eyebrows:

By the way as well as not particularly looking forward to dying I am also scared of heights!

Lack of understanding? I mean, how can there not be a tomorrow at some point? No-one knows. I just can't comprehend how one day I wont' know anythign anymore, but that it won't matter, but it still kinda does? That's the problem, I can't rationalise and understand it. Therefore I fear it. Plus there's no avoiding it, I don't like decisions that aren't mine.

Thinking about it, my death doesn't scare me, but the thought of my parents passing does scare me, I'm lucky to still have them, but I dread the day I can't just pick up my mobile and have my daily 5 minute chat with him.

I think people are scared of death because they spend their lives being relatively good and abiding the letter of the law only to find out that there is no afterlife.......If you knew for sure that nothing came next think of the fun you could have!:eyebrows:

By the way as well as not particularly looking forward to dying I am also scared of heights!

hmm... interesting - but what about people who accept death is a consequence of life, and still do good? :p

I'm sure there's lots that scares me.

Cancer

Going blind

Having no one to love or be loved

The future (crime, global warming, poor education)

Growing old, being unable to get around and just having my memories to keep me company whilst all my teeth fall out and I sit helplessly in my own feces.

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Damn you that was going to be my reply :)

Mainly im afraid of bad things happening to my loved ones (particularly my little lad, brother, mum and wife). Other than that, closed spaces, scary films and things flying around my head (bird prank by some friends triggered that one off).

I don't like deep water, I learnt to swim at school, did 2 widths of the baths, which was a "you can swim" test pass, and haven't considered deep water as a place to venture ever since. I even have shallow baths :)

Not MAD keen on heights, but can steal myself if it's vital.

No fear of any animal or insect, slightly wary of the wife, I seem to be losing my grip, she's started answering back these days ;)

I believe in clubs for women, but only if kindness fails.

I have always been scared of being a "failure"!! It was pointed out recently that I am in fact a "failure"!!

In which case I have confronted my fear!!;)

Oh and having no money and being a pi$$ soaked harry ramp worries me too.....:blink:

H.