The mkiv Supra Owners Club

please help me decide which SLR CAMERA ?!

Mas

Nope ;) I have a Nikon D70 Mate :)

yeah it's down to the settings, that particular shot was without the polarizing filter (the other ones of yours were however) but it won't make a difference to the colour just how the light reflects on the car and it has ruined many shots I took at pod, over 400 :(

Megapixles mean nothing, seriously! as Daman said the lens is the important part but still not that important if you know your apertures and you can find you lenses 'sweet spot' then your on your way, It took a while till I found out what worked best for me.

If you want I could put up some pics in auto and just show you how important finding your way around the camera is as If I shot on auto mode with my camera the colours would have come at the same as your fuji, and they really would.

the D80 my brother has but I would rule that out, no point buying that over the d40x, twice the price, heavier and your pictures wont be any better, tbh I wish I had bought my camera 2nd hand as there's no real point in buying brand new, people are always changing bodies but keeping the lenses, so there are some very good buys out there.

I could go out an buy the best camera there is but it sure won't make me a better photographer, it will just bring me back more keepers.

The more expensive the camera the easier and faster it is to get a photo, the quality is still the same.

a P & S camera will give the same quiality as a dslr but they are harder and slower to work around so no good if your taking loads of pics one after the other compared to a dslr.

Honestly it's quite annoying seeing anyone post up some nice pictures and loads of people asking what camera they used :rolleyes: just ask yourself this,

would buying the best car in the world make you a better driver?

same with cameras.

Tom.

Well put Tom.

I'm crap but have little idea, (not enough revision.)

Does help newbies to have good kit though, (not loud mind) because it massages and takes a good (not great) pic thus keeps interest running. Then, maybe, some can find that sweet spot. Heard of it but being pre dig at the time, too exspensive to find out. God it was dear then.

Anyway, onwards.:)

Regards Andy

Guest Geneb

For Heck and anyone else who may be interested sorry to hijack

Canon 20D

4GB Card

New bag and lens holders

18-55 cannon lense

The Current Canon 100-300 USM lense

Canon Battery Grip

3x Batteries

Everything Boxed

pointless me having as only use it on the screen square mode so camera is wasted on me

looking at £650

Some very useful advice there guys and thanks to all who took the time to write a line or two to give me some ideas, just this thread alone with all the links came with it made so many points clear to what is needed and what not, I always thought the camera mettered the most but seems like I was wrong as usual :D

well in ebay there are some D400 or even D40X going for £400 with 18-55mm lens so I might just go for them and dont spend any more on a camera

Get on the forum I posted above and chat to people about what settings they use and the experiment yourself.

I agree Wez great link...thing i do is just experiment trial and error...but that forum is a really good source of information i have been looking through it, it helps to get advice from some of the pros, tips, short cuts, use of filters..and of course taking shots of cars is an art in itself different from photographing someones wedding or someone coming out of the Ivy...so could put a thread on there saying 'Photographing cars advice needed' that sort of thing...great link Wez.

Cheers for finding that..useful for all of us!

Si

:cool:

I already joined, thanks Wez, will have to decide what to go for now ;)

Si any chance of having some higher res ones of the pics you took in dragonball mate ?

Cheers

Did you download the zipfile, my mate Luke set it up and told me they were at full res!!!!!:blink:

I edited the post and put the zipfile download underneath...hope it works ok, if not i'll sort it for ya.

Here is one of my images from A1GP full size, taken with 400D and Sigma 18-200mm lense.

I went through all your pics Wez, some really nice pics there mate, I really like this one so I saved it in my laptop ;)