The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My experience with REGTRANSFERS.CO.UK

Guest Geneb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my last number plate from them and will never use them, they sell the plate to you while its still on others cars and that means you will be waiting extra 4 weeks just to get the number plate off the first car.

Plate4u was a very good website I bought my first private plate from them and it only took 5 days to have the docs!

Sorry, but I have to say that if the plate is on someone elses car then it's out of their hands how long it takes to get it off that car and out to you. The service will be exactly the same with whichever reg. number broker you use in these situations.

READ THE T's & C's FIRST! If you had done this you would have seen this to be the case. It's pointless to turn around now and blame the company and drag their name through the mud just because you didn't do your homework.

The trouble with buying a plate that has already been issued, is that it is down to the owner of the plate (who advertised it through the broker) whether they keep it on their car until a buyer is found (which could be a long time) or put it on retention. It is their choice, they instruct the broker who just advertises it for them. Once a buyer is found, it take time for the owner of the plate to get the number reassigned and another number assigned to their car. (Usually the original number of the car) Then it becomes available ot you. If they've been a numpty and lost their V5, then that's hardly the fault of the broker.

If you were buying a plate that was on retention, then it would have taken very little time at all.

As for buying direct from DVLA - this is ok too but isn't actually any quicker if the number you want has never been issued. (Which is the only type of number that DVLA will sell anyway) But you'll find that with many numbers from DVLA, they actually charge you more for it than a broker will. Brokers get a discount (a HUGE discount!) for buying hundreds of numbers from DVLA every year for their clients. This means that by taking a lower profit than DVLA, they can sell them to you cheaper.

I bought a number this year from a broker for under a grand. DVLA had it up for almost £1300! I had all the paperwork sent to me promptly and had it on the car in under 10 days from requesting it form their website.

Did I mention the name of the broker?

REGTRANSFERS.CO.UK

And YES, I'd use them again.

Guest Geneb
Sorry, but I have to say that if the plate is on someone elses car then it's out of their hands how long it takes to get it off that car and out to you. The service will be exactly the same with whichever reg. number broker you use in these situations.

READ THE T's & C's FIRST! If you had done this you would have seen this to be the case. It's pointless to turn around now and blame the company and drag their name through the mud just because you didn't do your homework.

The trouble with buying a plate that has already been issued, is that it is down to the owner of the plate (who advertised it through the broker) whether they keep it on their car until a buyer is found (which could be a long time) or put it on retention. It is their choice, they instruct the broker who just advertises it for them. Once a buyer is found, it take time for the owner of the plate to get the number reassigned and another number assigned to their car. (Usually the original number of the car) Then it becomes available ot you. If they've been a numpty and lost their V5, then that's hardly the fault of the broker.

If you were buying a plate that was on retention, then it would have taken very little time at all.

As for buying direct from DVLA - this is ok too but isn't actually any quicker if the number you want has never been issued. (Which is the only type of number that DVLA will sell anyway) But you'll find that with many numbers from DVLA, they actually charge you more for it than a broker will. Brokers get a discount (a HUGE discount!) for buying hundreds of numbers from DVLA every year for their clients. This means that by taking a lower profit than DVLA, they can sell them to you cheaper.

I bought a number this year from a broker for under a grand. DVLA had it up for almost £1300! I had all the paperwork sent to me promptly and had it on the car in under 10 days from requesting it form their website.

Did I mention the name of the broker?

REGTRANSFERS.CO.UK

And YES, I'd use them again.

as its the first plate i have bought maybe they should mark em up as on retention or not? then i would have had an idea how long i would be waiting.

And as there seems to be a problem with the plate i bought why not just sell me another as they hold my cash?

Anyway i have contacted the bank for a claim back as it was done on CC

as its the first plate i have bought maybe they should mark em up as on retention or not? then i would have had an idea how long i would be waiting.

And as there seems to be a problem with the plate i bought why not just sell me another as they hold my cash?

How can you claim back? They haven't broken the terms and conditions! They have 12 weeks - you haven't waited that long!

Guest Geneb
How can you claim back? They haven't broken the terms and conditions! They have 12 weeks - you haven't waited that long!

Does not matter i paid on Credit Card and i get my money back and the credit card company deals with them

Does not matter i paid on Credit Card and i get my money back and the credit card company deals with them

I don't think so. Credit cards have insurance so that if you pay, and don't get what you paid for - you can get your money back. I'm pretty sure there is no clause that says : I didn't read the T&Cs, now I can't be arsed to wait and I want my money back.

Good luck - but I don't think they should give you the money back until after the 12 weeks is up.

I understand completely where you're coming from on this and know you must fell really frustrated, but all of the registration number brokers have this sort of condition built into their contracts.

If you think of it form their side, they could end up having done part of the work between the seller and DVLA to assign the plate to a buyers car when the buyer could just turn around and say they want out. If the buyer was allowed out of the contract, they'd end up with a plate that has been removed from one car, is ready to be assigned to another (and DVLA may already have done this on paper) and they then end up with a plate that nobody wants but they have the previous owner shouting for the money for selling it.

Plus, when you go through the process and pay, you will have ticked the box to declare that you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.

These T's and C's are pretty clear:

Item 14:

Many Registration Marks can be supplied on a Certificate of Entitlement within 3-5 working days, but other types of transfer can take 4-6 weeks and all transfers can take up to 12 weeks. Although we do often give you an idea of timescale for transfer to be completed at the point of sale this can vary due to unforeseen circumstances. If we are unable to complete a transfer within 12 weeks of receipt of cleared funds and correct documentation from the purchaser a full refund of all monies paid will be made.

Item 20:

Registration Transfers Ltd cannot accept responsibility for delays or errors caused by the postal system, e-mail, the Department of Transport, DVLA, any unforeseen circumstances or any failure or delay on the part of the donor or the receiving vehicles.

It might be prudent for you to remove any defamatory remarks in your posts and to reconsider your thread title - a forum for some womens self-help organisation very nearly got sued over something like this recently. They only avoided court action as they went through every reference to an author of some book or other on their site and removed them all.

It does matter, this will come back to bite you because a friend of mine tried a similar thing to what your doing. The company pulled out the terms and conditions to the bank, bank said yep your right, here's your money back. To top it off because he cancelled the money, they stopped the goods they were sending. When they got the money they started it all over again and made him wait the maximum time they could. Then the bank asked him for their charges as he made a false claim. :rlol: that TV started as a bargain wasnt so much of a bargain by the end. :D

Guest Geneb

why change the title of this thread? am i not allow to voice an opinion of what i as a consumer class as good or bad service.

wether you class there service as good or bad does not come into the issue as you as a party are not involved in the transaction.

Thx Andy

why change the title of this thread? am i not allow to voice an opinion of what i as a consumer class as good or bad service.

wether you class there service as good or bad does not come into the issue as you as a party are not involved in the transaction.

Thx Andy

If they didnt meet their terms and conditions and didnt speak to you on the phone or tell you the truth....bad

but they spoke to you on the phone, explained you didnt read the terms and conditions. what more do you want?

how about a thread title of 'my opnion of regtransfer.co.uk' ;)

Guest Geneb
If they didnt meet their terms and conditions and didnt speak to you on the phone or tell you the truth....bad

but they spoke to you on the phone, explained you didnt read the terms and conditions. what more do you want?

how about a thread title of 'my opnion of regtransfer.co.uk' ;)

LOL your right i didn't read the T&C's but there overall service of someone will call you back which never happens is crap.

thing is the seller is jerking there chain and mine they have my cash and i would be quiet happy to have another plate of the same value and tell the original seller to get lost.

they offered me this option last week now that i wanna take them up on it ,im being told wait 12 weeks , better yet they say i ordered my plate on the 10/04/07 as that was there email confirmation date or something like that yet they took my cash on 31/03/07 so looks like they are just trying for time...

just infuriates me i pay for something and have to wait for ever for it.. good job I AM NOT a voilent person who would meet them and dowse them in petrol.

LOL your right i didn't read the T&C's but there overall service of someone will call you back which never happens is crap.

just infuriates me i pay for something and have to wait for ever for it.. good job I AM NOT a voilent person who would meet them and dowse them in petrol.

You'd of loved some of our old traders :D

why change the title of this thread?

Because.....

1. You are actively advising people NOT to use this company's services..

2. This website can be held responsible for allowing YOUR comments to be displayed on a public forum.

So WE ALL could end up losing our forum if Regtransfers take the hump.

They aren't obliged to do anything other than what they've said in their T's & C's. I reckon they went beyond the call of duty to make you an offer of another plate last week.

AND they're not saying you won't get the plate for 12 weeks - they're saying you won't get a refund until 12 weeks has passed without you getting your plate. (As specified in their T's & C's that you agreed to when you ticked the box) You may of course get your plate in the next 3 or 4 weeks - but that is out of their hands - they can't control when the current owner gets their V5 or when they will receive it from the current owner, even if they wanted to.

You made a mistake in failing to read the T's & C's, and credit to you, you have admitted that. But don't go blaming the company or actively encouraging others to avoid using that company's services over a delay that is not their responsibility or is longer than that which they informed you about.

Whitesupraboy2 may not be a party involved in the transaction, but as a moderator here, he will look out for the interests of the club. You are placing the club in a position where it could be party to a possible lible, because you are using this forum (which is in the public domain) to rant about a company which on the evidence available, doesn't seem to have breached any of their terms of trading.

Guest Geneb

apart from the fact that i just want another plate if not a refund as the plate i purchased is not available? whats unfair about that? and as for there we will call you back promise which does not happen.

At the end of the day in MY OPINION i have received poor service, i am not stating a fact just an opinion. which the last time i checked people were still allowed to do in this country without recourse.

lots of people think im a tosser and there welcome to that opinion "freedom of speech again" and like wise if people don't like my opinion on what i class as poor service fook em "freedom of speech again"

now if a moderator wants to change the title of this thread to "Poor service from Regtransfers.co.uk in my opinion"

hey go ahead thats fine and yes i am actively telling people that in my opinion i received poor service "Bugger me it's that Freedom Of Speech Thing again"

Love you lots Andy:kiss:

Because.....

1. You are actively advising people NOT to use this company's services..

2. This website can be held responsible for allowing YOUR comments to be displayed on a public forum.

So WE ALL could end up losing our forum if Regtransfers take the hump.

They aren't obliged to do anything other than what they've said in their T's & C's. I reckon they went beyond the call of duty to make you an offer of another plate last week.

AND they're not saying you won't get the plate for 12 weeks - they're saying you won't get a refund until 12 weeks has passed without you getting your plate. (As specified in their T's & C's that you agreed to when you ticked the box) You may of course get your plate in the next 3 or 4 weeks - but that is out of their hands - they can't control when the current owner gets their V5 or when they will receive it from the current owner, even if they wanted to.

You made a mistake in failing to read the T's & C's, and credit to you, you have admitted that. But don't go blaming the company or actively encouraging others to avoid using that company's services over a delay that is not their responsibility or is longer than that which they informed you about.

Whitesupraboy2 may not be a party involved in the transaction, but as a moderator here, he will look out for the interests of the club. You are placing the club in a position where it could be party to a possible lible, because you are using this forum (which is in the public domain) to rant about a company which on the evidence available, doesn't seem to have breached any of their terms of trading.

Isn't the answer to move this to members chat, outside of prying public eyes. All members, and I'm sure the initial post was for all members, can be made aware of a circumstance, without shouting it from the rooftops where all can hear.

Perhaps the Mods have already said that, but not done it.

After all, whats said in the bar is left at the bottom of the glass.