The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Englad goes smoke free

JamieP

I havent read through all the pages so excuse me if ive missed a bit.

So apparantly we cant smoke in our work vans (company owned i assume) So what will happen when im smoking in mine?

Who is going to police that then?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent read through all the pages so excuse me if ive missed a bit.

So apparantly we cant smoke in our work vans (company owned i assume) So what will happen when im smoking in mine?

Who is going to police that then?

If I read it right earlier, you can be fined £50 and your company £2500

--------------

Edit: yeah that's right: http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/what-do-i-do/quick-guide.html

I love smoking in a guilty pleasure kind of way. Bring on the smoking ban though - there'll be lovely heaters outside and we'll all be meeting new people as we're all in the same boat. It was like that when I was in Dublin - met two stunning 18 year old Swedish girls all through the desire for nicotine. Non smokers will be coming outside all the time probably.

Sure I'd love to quit because of the cost and the health issues, but at the moment I quite enjoy it and while it's legal I can't see the problem. As someone said earlier if it's that bad then make it totally illegal. I do think people underestimate the addictiveness of it though. Some people go to the pub to enjoy the cigarettes they're addicted to, it's tradition, as it's tradition for fat people to go to MacDonalds. Being obese is bad for your health but people treat them with a fair bit of sympathy compared to smokers! Bit of a lame argument I know but it does make me a little angry that people are actually addicted to smoking and the goverment feels happy to just say they can't where they've always been able to. Heroin addicts wouldn't get treated like that!

I love smoking in a guilty pleasure kind of way. Bring on the smoking ban though - there'll be lovely heaters outside and we'll all be meeting new people as we're all in the same boat. It was like that when I was in Dublin - met two stunning 18 year old Swedish girls all through the desire for nicotine. Non smokers will be coming outside all the time probably.

Sure I'd love to quit because of the cost and the health issues, but at the moment I quite enjoy it and while it's legal I can't see the problem. As someone said earlier if it's that bad then make it totally illegal. I do think people underestimate the addictiveness of it though. Some people go to the pub to enjoy the cigarettes they're addicted to, it's tradition, as it's tradition for fat people to go to MacDonalds. Being obese is bad for your health but people treat them with a fair bit of sympathy compared to smokers! Bit of a lame argument I know but it does make me a little angry that people are actually addicted to smoking and the goverment feels happy to just say they can't where they've always been able to. Heroin addicts wouldn't get treated like that!

I would dispute that fat people are treated with sympathy - I don't think that's true these days. At least as far as the thread title is concerned, it also doesn't make a lot of difference. Obviously there are similar health implications, and costs to the NHS etc. - but one of my mates is fat and that doesn't affect me going to a pub with him. The fact that I stink of smoke when I come out is a big negative though.

You're the only person that uses your van, even when you're on holiday or off sick?

You're lucky then!

Yeah only me and the missus use it. when im off work i normally stick it in for repair so i can have a car instead for a change