The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric windows not working...help

Barney

My electric windows have stopped working, have tried the lock/unlock child safety button, but nothing, intrestingly the Power door lock switch is not working either. Have also tried the passenger side window switch, but nothing doing.

Have had a look at the fuses & relays, checked and re-fitted even though none seem to be related to the above.

Being a bit of a numpty on things like this can anyone help further?

Really don't like the thought of taking it to Toyota ££££££££!

Barney,

Take the drives side door card off. It takes me about 2 mins to do this.

Row of screws at the bottom,

The plastic things that look like belly buttons, push in the middle bit of these till it clicks and then pull out the whole thing.

Bolt inside the door handle, has a plastic cap.

two bolts on the flat part where the door closes and meets the dash.

Take all these out and lift the door card from the bottom. It unhooks near the window.

Im 99% sure you will find a loose plug in there. Do it up and put the card back on.

It sounds like a lot but is REALLLLY easy mate.

C.

Must be a respray thing! My hazards have stopped working since I got mine back :D

As the others said try the door panel for loose connectors or trapped wires.

BTW, my bodyshop is getting an Auto-Electrician in the morning cause they and me have given up on my hazards.

If it turns out to be a trapped wire due to them then the bill is theirs :D

If not. it's mine :(

Paul

Cheers guys, will take off the door card etc. hopefully today and have a look, just hoping it is a loose connetion.

Soonto, many thanks for the offer, as I say, will check it out first, but may take you up on your offer should the neeed arise:thumbs:

Paul: Good luck with sorting your hazzard problem out, let's hope the bill falls to the bodyshop and not you!

The other place to check is the block connector behind the drivers side kick panel. It's a large blue one and is easy to find. The kick panel should pop off with the plastic cover that goes along the length of the sill. Not even a screwdriver required for that one!

:thumbs:

Hope you sort it mate.