The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Video: MR2 Prat

michael

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting for it to buffer but didn't someone get prosecuted based on internet evidence recently?

A VX220 driver did, the Sun newspaper stitched him up after he posted a vid of his speedo. He looked up briefly and they pinpointed the exact location of the road and he get done at 150mph IIRC

A VX220 driver did, the Sun newspaper stitched him up after he posted a vid of his speedo. He looked up briefly and they pinpointed the exact location of the road and he get done at 150mph IIRC

Ian C posted the thread. The sun said police were "looking into it", doesn't say he was "done".

Hahaha I almost feel sorry for these people, you can tell they are chavs just by looking at them regardless of baseball cap etc. They just look like inbred scum. They are our equivalent of trailer trash.

:chav: -this smilie pretty much sums it up.

Well in all honesty..I have witnessed others from here doing stupid things too (I'm not innocent either);)

Mind you i have seen police without Blues and Twos..doing similar things driving like complete nutters in built up areas..no advanced driving lesson will teach you to avoid a collision at 60 mph through a town centre thats for sure..not condoning this guy obviously but...I'm not going to judge him..coz i did stupid things once apon a time when i was younger.

But filming it was bloody stupid as was driving up the hard shoulder.

I get my kicks pushing a supermarket trolley at high speed round tesco's narrowly avoiding collisions with other shoppers..its a real adrenaline rush.:p

Mind you i have seen police without Blues and Twos..doing similar things driving like complete nutters in built up areas..no advanced driving lesson will teach you to avoid a collision at 60 mph through a town centre thats for sure.

This annoys me too. I even tried to get it made policy at Humberside police that both blues and twos should be on when driving like a cock after nearly hitting a police car that drove through a red light without lights or siren.

In Leeds only the other week there was a police car driving down towards the railway arches with just lights on and drove through a red light. The woman sat at traffic lights on a little side street had no way of seeing round the corner and so when the traffic lights changed to green she set off... only for the police car to t-bone her.

This annoys me too. I even tried to get it made policy at Humberside police that both blues and twos should be on when driving like a cock after nearly hitting a police car that drove through a red light without lights or siren.

In Leeds only the other week there was a police car driving down towards the railway arches with just lights on and drove through a red light. The woman sat at traffic lights on a little side street had no way of seeing round the corner and so when the traffic lights changed to green she set off... only for the police car to t-bone her.

I've almost been t-boned twice by police cars. The first was at a T junction where there is a bend not far from the junction. I set off when the lights change to green, when round the bend comes a police car with lights but no siren. I emergency stop, the police car goes over the junction at way, way more than 30mph. The car behind me almost hits met from behind. Second time, at a crossroads with filter lanes (so traffic obscuring view). I'm once again first in the queue. Light goes green, so I pull away. Get half way across the junction and coming toward me on the wrong side of the road comes a police car - no lights, no siren. I decided to carry on, so did the police car. It missed my rear end by a couple of feet travelling at over double the limit! The thing is, if I had stopped I reckon it would've hit me (due to traffic jams there was no-where else it could go). Its just not on. :no: (I wonder if they'd have got a custodial sentence if they hit me - probably just a ticking off and another driving course). It makes me almost tempted to "peep and creep" at every junction I go to know, even when there is a green light!

• 4 weeks later...
Some fool driving like a fool and recording it like a fool:

And we have to share our roads with people like this :(

Just read in The Mirror that this guy (18 using his dads MR2) has been sent to jail for 4 months, banned for 3 years and has to take an extended re-test :D

Just read in The Mirror that this guy (18 using his dads MR2) has been sent to jail for 4 months, banned for 3 years and has to take an extended re-test :D

Says it all really! :rolleyes::(

So 2 months in prison (good chavlike behaviour) banned from our roads for 3yrs (would have preffered 30 but not bad I guess) and an extended re-test (might work as you need to read the Highway Code still I imagine?).

Pathetic though when you consider what might have happened.

:(

Says it all really! :rolleyes::(

So 6 months in prison (good chavlike behaviour) banned from our roads for 3yrs (would have preffered 30 but not bad I guess) and an extended re-test (might work as you need to read the Highway Code still I imagine?).

Pathetic though when you consider what might have happened.

:(

you mean 6 weeks

Edited Gaz but you're right it'll most probably be 6 weeks tops! :(

Makes you sick when you think about it as doubt he had insurance to be driving Daddys MR2 in the first place! :rolleyes:

Exactly. So doubtless he'll be back on the road uninsured again in 6 weeks time.

I can't see a problem, my mothers in her nineties and she can make better progress than that :) Looks a bit faked to me anyway. 140 on those sorts of roads looks much quicker than that. Is it an N/A? Will they even *DO* 140? I have a 2 litre 150 BHP N/A in here right now, it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. When I heard about this lad on the TV this morning I was expecting a truly awesome video of total maniacal abandonment on the roads, this looks like a pretty normal drive to work for many people! Good job in car video wasn't around when I was his age, some of my pals would be Youtube heros compared to that pitiful footage ;)