The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What TV Ad Most Annoys You?

VIL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones where they offer to sort out all your debts by lending you 20k, but you have to pay them back something stupid like 80k.

I can't help but think that the people that take those sort of loans on are never going to be out of debt, ever!

The ones where they offer to sort out all your debts by lending you 20k, but you have to pay them back something stupid like 80k.

I can't help but think that the people that take those sort of loans on are never going to be out of debt, ever!

I agree they wont! Seems lots of people dont like the ads for loans.

There are loads of rubbish ads on TV at the moment and the one that I particularly dislike is the one for Green Flag Recovery.

Simply for the fact that there is a bloke in the ad that is half down a manhole in the middle of the road eating his lunch.....who the bloody hell eats a sandwich when they are half way down a sewage pipe!!!!:blink:

Just rubbish.........

Ah yes, the comedy black stereotype with the bulging eyes "awww massa, where ham dat wartymelon?" it's as if we were still in the 1970's.

Still, I quite fancy the geordie woman in the Picture loans advert. She could borrow £25,000 of my money anyday.

That of course, is a euphemism, where £25,000 represents my penis, and "borrowing" represents me screwing her, while her husband watchs.

Still, I quite fancy the geordie woman in the Picture loans advert. She could borrow £25,000 of my money anyday. That of course, is a euphemism, where £25,000 represents my penis, and "borrowing" represents me screwing her, while her husband watchs.

:rlol:

98% of them,TV would be so much better without adverts, but when you think about it, you would be left with 2 hours of programs:rolleyes:

i sky plus everything and watch my programs 20 min late:D this way i always fast forward the crap ads... and still finish watching it on time:D

i hate the frosties/loan ads.. and the teeth woman :cry:

Or sky plus. ;)

I don't actually find that helps. Lots of channels with sod all I want to watch on them.

I am seriously considering HD now though. I seem to be going through a "I deserve to buy myself a present" phase - but one present is never enough.

Anyway - back on topic - the halifax ones are probably top of my list. The sheer quantity of "we'll help you clear your debts" ones annoy me - but if you're stupid enough to get yourself in that situation, and stupid enough to think a 25% loan spread over 50 years is a solution then you deserve it.

I don't actually find that helps. Lots of channels with sod all I want to watch on them.

No, just the ones you do watch with no adverts works for me.

Oh and pausing to leave the room or take a call and recording two things at once.

Oh god I sounds like an advert. :blink:

No, just the ones you do watch with no adverts works for me.

Oh and pausing to leave the room or take a call and recording two things at once.

Oh god I sounds like an advert. :blink:

Pausing live TV is cool - and especially switching the TV on, finding it's half way through something you wanted to watch and then simply rewinding it.

Pausing to take a call? Are you sure you don't pause talking to watch TV? :p

Barry Scott is defiantly on my hate list..!

I find the adverts sponsoring programmes really annoying, especially the stella artoirs ones in between the channel four movies, they always seem to cut in at a critical part and are 10 times louder than the film...!

In fact all ads are about 10 times louder than what your watching... probably to wake you up :blink:

D'you know, when this seasons first GP was on, I stayed up late till 2:30qm to watch the Australian one, and in 15 minutes I think there was 5 ad breaks. I went to bed and have never watched any GP since.