The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Run

Vaughany

Thanks everyone for all the info, so I probably need to get my AFR lowered slightly just to be on the safe side. Ok what is the best way to do this?

1) Option 1 - Adjustable FSE

2) Option 2 - SAFC

3) Option 3 - 650cc injectors together with an SAFC to stop the car being rich at idle.

Comments/opinions please. I would like to say money is no option but it is but saying that I am thinking in the long term I will probably purchase Hybrid Turbos so what would be the best option with and without these on the Soop?

I dont want to purchase an FSE now if I would need to enlarge the injectors or fit an SAFC in the future when Hybrids go on. Likewise I dont want to purchase an SAFC/Injectors if they are not necessary.

I am thinking of stages and eventually I would like to purchase hybrids and probably run abit more than 1.2bar.

Thanks

itresting reading all this. i have a dvd from australia of a guy tuning his mr2 and was on dyno he was maxing his injectors and they fitted a fse and it helped his fueling.

and reading supra forums where a guy was maxing out his 720`s on his single set up so he upped the fuel pressure on his aeromotive and got a bit of headroom.

think everyone knows the stock 440`s and jap pump need upgrading to be on the safe side.

dudes fitting me my walbro and a fuel dampner bypass. then i should get it checked out. is thor best place to get it checked out on rollers. cant do anything about 440 injectors, dont want to fit 550 - 650 injectors only to have to bin them later.

i have pushed my luck on small injectors. did my best time on stock fuel system with no electroncs or boost controller.

would an added safety margin be to run very good fuel like cool blue to stop det if you have any. and have lots of cooling mods like fmic and aquamist

i have hit a high of 1.5 bar when i had an all in one dp

now tends to be 1.2 - 1.3

terry what sort of mods and price would it cost to get aeromotive fpr onto stock fuel rail or would you still need SAFC2 as well.

would it be a worthwhile mod till i fit full fuel kit?

is stock fuel pressure 42psi

thanks

Guest Terry S

OK the cheapest way here is to buy an adjustable FPR and raise the static pressure to say 50 psi, the you will not be maxing your injectors, but................ then more pressure you run the lower the pump flow, so you must be careful when chosing your mods. You would still need a SAFC or similar to trim.

You could get 440's to support 600 bhp if you really wanted but it would mean a different pump or pumps running high pressure, or possibly higher voltage. I am also pretty sure Nissan TC teams aren't as worried about longevity as us guys, but I do find it strange practice unless it's part of the series regs. As I understand it, the near 100% duty cycle the more likely the injector is to lock up, hence 80% is generally given as the safe maximum.

Vaughany, I think you're in the same position as me pretty much. I don't think 1 or 2 are options on their own, so what I would do is get an Aeromotive FPR, Emanage (not much more than a SAFC and far more flexible) and increase your fuel pressure slightly and trim it down with the Emanage. Then if you go for hybrids and need more fuel you can change the injectors later - it's no bad thing having an adjustable regulator anyway with bigger injectors as they are better quality than the standard one, give more flexibility and aren't all that expensive.

Then you need to get it all mapped on a dyno. The alternative is to get a wideband AFR sensor and something to log it (like the Profec E01 boost controller or display) and map it yourself, then check it on a dyno probably to to be safe.

Originally posted by SimonB

Then you need to get it all mapped on a dyno. The alternative is to get a wideband AFR sensor and something to log it (like the Profec E01 boost controller or display) and map it yourself, then check it on a dyno probably to to be safe.

You can datalog everything the E-Manage is plumbed into using the Windows-based tuning software ("ProjectGSC") y'know.

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

You can datalog everything the E-Manage is plumbed into using the Windows-based tuning software ("ProjectGSC") y'know.

-Ian

Yeah, but there's no input for a wideband on the Emanage itself unless you use the throttle position sensor or pressure sensor connections. The E01 has an external signal harness that allows you to connect two analogue and 2 pulsed inputs and log them alongside the stuff from the Emanage. The only trouble being you can't export it to a PC to have a look at.

I seem to remember you had a wideband hooked up, did you use the TPS input to the Emanage or something?

:D It's an old datalog - work in progress sorta thing :) I knew someone would pick up on it but it does demonstrate how much easier mapping is with that sort of ability :thumbs:

I'm still rich at 3800-4000, noticeable power drop off, but that's in response to going lean there. bloody sequential turbo map goes mad :) I'll have it sorted eventually, and once one is done, subsequent ones will be waaaay easier (and quicker). I've got the wheels off the car at the moment though, so no fun mapping for now.

-Ian